Quantcast

PostgreSQL 10beta1 - compilation fails on OpenBSD -current

Report Content as Inappropriate

PostgreSQL 10beta1 - compilation fails on OpenBSD -current

Pierre-Emmanuel André-3

I tried to build PostgreSQL 10beta1 on OpenBSD -current and i have this error:

auth.c: In function 'CheckBSDAuth':
auth.c:2265: error: too few arguments to function 'sendAuthRequest'

In auth.c, there is this call:
/* Send regular password request to client, and get the response */
sendAuthRequest(port, AUTH_REQ_PASSWORD);

but this function is defined like this:

Regards,

Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list ([hidden email])
To make changes to your subscription:
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: PostgreSQL 10beta1 - compilation fails on OpenBSD -current

Heikki Linnakangas
On 05/19/2017 12:03 PM, Pierre-Emmanuel André wrote:

> Hi,
> auth.c: In function 'CheckBSDAuth':
> auth.c:2265: error: too few arguments to function 'sendAuthRequest'
> In auth.c, there is this call:
> /* Send regular password request to client, and get the response */
> sendAuthRequest(port, AUTH_REQ_PASSWORD);
> but this function is defined like this:

This was an oversight in my commit 8d3b9cce81c. It added those new
arguments, but didn't update that call. I'll go fix that, thanks for the
report!

You're the first to complain, and the buildfarm has been happy, so it
seems that you're the first one to try building 10beta1 with
--with-bsd-auth. We have one OpenBSD box in the buildfarm, "curculio",
but apparently it's not using the --with-bsd-auth option.

Mikael, could you add --with-bsd-auth to curculio's configuration,
please? On 9.6 and above.

- Heikki

Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list ([hidden email])
To make changes to your subscription:
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: PostgreSQL 10beta1 - compilation fails on OpenBSD -current

Pierre-Emmanuel André
On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 12:21:26PM +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> On 05/19/2017 12:03 PM, Pierre-Emmanuel André wrote:
> > Hi,
> > auth.c: In function 'CheckBSDAuth':
> > auth.c:2265: error: too few arguments to function 'sendAuthRequest'
> > In auth.c, there is this call:
> > /* Send regular password request to client, and get the response */
> > sendAuthRequest(port, AUTH_REQ_PASSWORD);
> > but this function is defined like this:
> This was an oversight in my commit 8d3b9cce81c. It added those new
> arguments, but didn't update that call. I'll go fix that, thanks for the
> report!
> You're the first to complain, and the buildfarm has been happy, so it seems
> that you're the first one to try building 10beta1 with --with-bsd-auth. We
> have one OpenBSD box in the buildfarm, "curculio", but apparently it's not
> using the --with-bsd-auth option.
> Mikael, could you add --with-bsd-auth to curculio's configuration, please?
> On 9.6 and above.

I'm the maintainer of PostgreSQL on OpenBSD ;)
And the port enable --with-bsd-auth.
Thanks for your answer.

Regards,

> - Heikki

Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list ([hidden email])
To make changes to your subscription:
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: PostgreSQL 10beta1 - compilation fails on OpenBSD -current

Pierre-Emmanuel André-3
On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 12:44:27PM +0200, Pierre-Emmanuel André wrote:

> On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 12:21:26PM +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> > On 05/19/2017 12:03 PM, Pierre-Emmanuel André wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > >
> > > auth.c: In function 'CheckBSDAuth':
> > > auth.c:2265: error: too few arguments to function 'sendAuthRequest'
> > >
> > >
> > > In auth.c, there is this call:
> > > /* Send regular password request to client, and get the response */
> > > sendAuthRequest(port, AUTH_REQ_PASSWORD);
> > >
> > > but this function is defined like this:
> > This was an oversight in my commit 8d3b9cce81c. It added those new
> > arguments, but didn't update that call. I'll go fix that, thanks for the
> > report!
> > You're the first to complain, and the buildfarm has been happy, so it seems
> > that you're the first one to try building 10beta1 with --with-bsd-auth. We
> > have one OpenBSD box in the buildfarm, "curculio", but apparently it's not
> > using the --with-bsd-auth option.
> > Mikael, could you add --with-bsd-auth to curculio's configuration, please?
> > On 9.6 and above.
> I'm the maintainer of PostgreSQL on OpenBSD ;)
> And the port enable --with-bsd-auth.
> Thanks for your answer.
> Regards,

I have disabled the --with-bsd-auth and now i have these errors:

command.o: In function `exec_command_set':
describe.o: In function `listTSParsers':
large_obj.o: In function `do_lo_import':
common.o: In function `psql_get_variable':
common.c:(.text+0x114c): undefined reference to `appendShellStringNoError'
mainloop.o: In function `MainLoop':
mainloop.c:(.text+0xcd): undefined reference to `psql_scan_set_passthrough'
startup.o: In function `main':
startup.c:(.text+0x1b01): undefined reference to `psql_scan_set_passthrough'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[3]: *** [Makefile:34: psql] Error 1

Any ideas ?

Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list ([hidden email])
To make changes to your subscription:
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: PostgreSQL 10beta1 - compilation fails on OpenBSD -current

Mikael Kjellström-2
In reply to this post by Heikki Linnakangas
On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 11:21 AM, Heikki Linnakangas <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 05/19/2017 12:03 PM, Pierre-Emmanuel André wrote:

Mikael, could you add --with-bsd-auth to curculio's configuration, please? On 9.6 and above.

- Heikki

Hi Heikki,

I've added -with-bsd-auth to 9.6 and HEAD now.   Let's see what it says the next time it runs.

/Mikael

Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: PostgreSQL 10beta1 - compilation fails on OpenBSD -current

Pierre-Emmanuel André-3
In reply to this post by Pierre-Emmanuel André-3
On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 01:32:37PM +0200, Pierre-Emmanuel André wrote:

> On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 12:44:27PM +0200, Pierre-Emmanuel André wrote:
> > On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 12:21:26PM +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> > > On 05/19/2017 12:03 PM, Pierre-Emmanuel André wrote:
> > > > Hi,
> > > >
> > > > I tried to build PostgreSQL 10beta1 on OpenBSD -current and i have this error:
> > > >
> > > > gmake[3]: Entering directory '/usr/ports/pobj/postgresql-10beta1/postgresql-10beta1/src/backend/libpq'
> > > > cc -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -O2 -pipe -I../../../src/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/libxml2 -I/usr/local/include    -c -o be-fsstubs.o be-fsstubs.c
> > > > cc -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -O2 -pipe -I../../../src/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/libxml2 -I/usr/local/include    -c -o be-secure.o be-secure.c
> > > > cc -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -O2 -pipe -I../../../src/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/libxml2 -I/usr/local/include    -c -o auth.o auth.c
> > > > auth.c: In function 'CheckBSDAuth':
> > > > auth.c:2265: error: too few arguments to function 'sendAuthRequest'
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > In auth.c, there is this call:
> > > > /* Send regular password request to client, and get the response */
> > > > sendAuthRequest(port, AUTH_REQ_PASSWORD);
> > > >
> > > > but this function is defined like this:
> > > > static void sendAuthRequest(Port *port, AuthRequest areq, char *extradata,int extralen);
> > >
> > > This was an oversight in my commit 8d3b9cce81c. It added those new
> > > arguments, but didn't update that call. I'll go fix that, thanks for the
> > > report!
> > >
> > > You're the first to complain, and the buildfarm has been happy, so it seems
> > > that you're the first one to try building 10beta1 with --with-bsd-auth. We
> > > have one OpenBSD box in the buildfarm, "curculio", but apparently it's not
> > > using the --with-bsd-auth option.
> > >
> > > Mikael, could you add --with-bsd-auth to curculio's configuration, please?
> > > On 9.6 and above.
> > >
> > I'm the maintainer of PostgreSQL on OpenBSD ;)
> > And the port enable --with-bsd-auth.
> > Thanks for your answer.
> > Regards,
> I have disabled the --with-bsd-auth and now i have these errors:
> cc -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -O2 -pipe command.o common.o conditional.o copy.o crosstabview.o describe.o help.o input.o large_obj.o mainloop.o prompt.o psqlscanslash.o sql_help.o startup.o stringutils.o tab-complete.o variables.o  -L../../../src/common -lpgcommon -L../../../src/port -lpgport -L../../../src/interfaces/libpq -lpq -L../../../src/port -L../../../src/common -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib  -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,-Bdynamic -L../../../src/fe_utils -lpgfeutils -lpq  -lpgcommon -lpgport -lxml2 -lssl -lcrypto -lz -lreadline -ltermcap -lm  -o psql
> command.o: In function `exec_command_set':
> command.c:(.text+0x4e9a): warning: warning: strcat() is almost always misused, please use strlcat()
> describe.o: In function `listTSParsers':
> describe.c:(.text+0x4e06): warning: warning: sprintf() is often misused, please use snprintf()
> large_obj.o: In function `do_lo_import':
> large_obj.c:(.text+0x637): warning: warning: strcpy() is almost always misused, please use strlcpy()
> common.o: In function `psql_get_variable':
> common.c:(.text+0x114c): undefined reference to `appendShellStringNoError'
> mainloop.o: In function `MainLoop':
> mainloop.c:(.text+0xcd): undefined reference to `psql_scan_set_passthrough'
> startup.o: In function `main':
> startup.c:(.text+0x1b01): undefined reference to `psql_scan_set_passthrough'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> gmake[3]: *** [Makefile:34: psql] Error 1
> Any ideas ?

Nevermind, i found the pb.

> --
> Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list ([hidden email])
> To make changes to your subscription:
> http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers

Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list ([hidden email])
To make changes to your subscription: