Weird periodical pg log

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
cen
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Weird periodical pg log

cen
Every single day at exactly the same hour I get this in my pg_log:


< 2017-05-15 17:00:29.517 CEST >FATAL:  pg_hba.conf rejects connection
for host "...", user "postgres", database "template1", SSL off
< 2017-05-15 17:00:29.571 CEST >WARNING:  archive_mode enabled, yet
archive_command is not set
< 2017-05-15 17:00:41.859 CEST >LOG:  received SIGHUP, reloading
configuration files
< 2017-05-15 17:00:41.861 CEST >LOG:  parameter "archive_command"
changed to ""/opt/omni/lbin/pgsqlbar.exe" -stage %p -backup"
< 2017-05-15 17:00:51.865 CEST >LOG:  received SIGHUP, reloading
configuration files
< 2017-05-15 17:00:51.867 CEST >LOG:  parameter "archive_command"
removed from configuration file, reset to default


Postgres 9.5 is running on Centos 7. I checked all cron jobs and
scripts, there is nothing external that would cause this so my guess is
that this is internal Postgres cron job tryin to do "something", I just
don't know what exactly.

We have WAL replication set up, these logs appear on master. Perhaps we
have something off in our conf?


Best regards, cen



--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list ([hidden email])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Weird periodical pg log

Karsten Hilbert
On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 10:25:13AM +0200, cen wrote:

> < 2017-05-15 17:00:41.861 CEST >LOG:  parameter "archive_command" changed to ""/opt/omni/lbin/pgsqlbar.exe" -stage %p -backup"

This is the line that you'll have to base your research on.

Also, you might want to check for a keylogger in the audio driver.

Regards,
Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ eu.pool.sks-keyservers.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346


--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list ([hidden email])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Weird periodical pg log

Adrian Klaver-4
In reply to this post by cen
On 05/19/2017 01:25 AM, cen wrote:

> Every single day at exactly the same hour I get this in my pg_log:
>
>
> < 2017-05-15 17:00:29.517 CEST >FATAL:  pg_hba.conf rejects connection
> for host "...", user "postgres", database "template1", SSL off
> < 2017-05-15 17:00:29.571 CEST >WARNING:  archive_mode enabled, yet
> archive_command is not set
> < 2017-05-15 17:00:41.859 CEST >LOG:  received SIGHUP, reloading
> configuration files
> < 2017-05-15 17:00:41.861 CEST >LOG:  parameter "archive_command"
> changed to ""/opt/omni/lbin/pgsqlbar.exe" -stage %p -backup"

Per Karsten's suggestion, the above seems to come from HP Enterprise
software. As a start I would see what pgsqlbar.exe -help says.

> < 2017-05-15 17:00:51.865 CEST >LOG:  received SIGHUP, reloading
> configuration files
> < 2017-05-15 17:00:51.867 CEST >LOG:  parameter "archive_command"
> removed from configuration file, reset to default
>
>
> Postgres 9.5 is running on Centos 7. I checked all cron jobs and
> scripts, there is nothing external that would cause this so my guess is
> that this is internal Postgres cron job tryin to do "something", I just
> don't know what exactly.

It is not an internal Postgres job. Something external to Postgres is
making a change to postgresql.conf reloading the server conf files,
undoing the change and then reloading the server conf files again.

>
> We have WAL replication set up, these logs appear on master. Perhaps we
> have something off in our conf?
>
>
> Best regards, cen
>
>
>


--
Adrian Klaver
[hidden email]


--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list ([hidden email])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Weird periodical pg log

John R Pierce
In reply to this post by cen
On 5/19/2017 1:25 AM, cen wrote:
> < 2017-05-15 17:00:41.861 CEST >LOG:  parameter "archive_command"
> changed to ""/opt/omni/lbin/pgsqlbar.exe" -stage %p -backup"


I believe /opt/omni is the default installation path for HP Data
Protector, formerly known as OmniBack.      That comprehensive backup
system includes database backup capabilities, I'm guessing thats what
you're seeing here.


--
john r pierce, recycling bits in santa cruz



--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list ([hidden email])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general
cen
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Weird periodical pg log

cen
Hmm indeed that seems to be the case. Thanks for the tip!


On 05/19/2017 04:10 PM, John R Pierce wrote:

> On 5/19/2017 1:25 AM, cen wrote:
>> < 2017-05-15 17:00:41.861 CEST >LOG:  parameter "archive_command"
>> changed to ""/opt/omni/lbin/pgsqlbar.exe" -stage %p -backup"
>
>
> I believe /opt/omni is the default installation path for HP Data
> Protector, formerly known as OmniBack.      That comprehensive backup
> system includes database backup capabilities, I'm guessing thats what
> you're seeing here.
>
>



--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list ([hidden email])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general
Previous Thread Next Thread