BUG #16100: Cannot access to the sever with the password

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

BUG #16100: Cannot access to the sever with the password

PG Bug reporting form
The following bug has been logged on the website:

Bug reference:      16100
Logged by:          Al Aufustave
Email address:      [hidden email]
PostgreSQL version: 12.0
Operating system:   FATAL: password authentication failed for user "p
Description:        

Hi,
I've downloaded PostgreSQL 12.0 and PgAdmin 4-4.14 recently on my
MacBookPro12,1 since I've some issues to connect the server with my
password. I've tried many times to uninstall and reinstall them and the
problem is not solved. The system doesn't recognise the password even if I
reset the password several times. I have a MacBook Pro with macOS Catalina
10.15 and Python 2.7.16. I need to use the PgAdmin to work on SQL code for
my courses and I am not able to do it.

Could you please help me solve this issue?

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Regards,
Al

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BUG #16100: Cannot access to the sever with the password

Tomas Vondra-4
On Thu, Nov 07, 2019 at 06:03:53PM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:

>The following bug has been logged on the website:
>
>Bug reference:      16100
>Logged by:          Al Aufustave
>Email address:      [hidden email]
>PostgreSQL version: 12.0
>Operating system:   FATAL: password authentication failed for user "p
>Description:
>
>Hi,
>I've downloaded PostgreSQL 12.0 and PgAdmin 4-4.14 recently on my
>MacBookPro12,1 since I've some issues to connect the server with my
>password. I've tried many times to uninstall and reinstall them and the
>problem is not solved. The system doesn't recognise the password even if I
>reset the password several times. I have a MacBook Pro with macOS Catalina
>10.15 and Python 2.7.16. I need to use the PgAdmin to work on SQL code for
>my courses and I am not able to do it.
>
>Could you please help me solve this issue?
>
>Please let me know if you need additional information.
>
>Looking forward to hearing from you!
>

Reset the password how? Are you trying to connect to the database using
the macos user account? I don't think that works - PostgreSQL has a
separate list of users and authentication. Maybe try user "postgres"
with no password, or something like that.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra                  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Remote DBA, Training & Services


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BUG #16100: Cannot access to the sever with the password

Tomas Vondra-4
On Fri, Nov 08, 2019 at 10:39:47AM +0000, Alnaica Augustave wrote:
>Hi,
>
>How can I use Postgres with no password? Could you please tell me how to do it?
>

See https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/auth-trust.html

But be careful, in most cases it's a bad idea. If you have more
questions about this, please ask them on pgsql-general, this list is for
bug reports.

You have not really provided any additional information about the
original issue, so we can't really help with that.

FWIW it's customary here not to top post but respond inline, as it makes
it easier to follow the discussion.

regards

>Thanks
>
>Regards,
>
>Alnaica
>________________________________
>De : Tomas Vondra <[hidden email]>
>Envoyé : jeudi 7 novembre 2019 21:26
>À : [hidden email] <[hidden email]>; [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
>Objet : Re: BUG #16100: Cannot access to the sever with the password
>
>On Thu, Nov 07, 2019 at 06:03:53PM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
>>The following bug has been logged on the website:
>>
>>Bug reference:      16100
>>Logged by:          Al Aufustave
>>Email address:      [hidden email]
>>PostgreSQL version: 12.0
>>Operating system:   FATAL: password authentication failed for user &quot;p
>>Description:
>>
>>Hi,
>>I've downloaded PostgreSQL 12.0 and PgAdmin 4-4.14 recently on my
>>MacBookPro12,1 since I've some issues to connect the server with my
>>password. I've tried many times to uninstall and reinstall them and the
>>problem is not solved. The system doesn't recognise the password even if I
>>reset the password several times. I have a MacBook Pro with macOS Catalina
>>10.15 and Python 2.7.16. I need to use the PgAdmin to work on SQL code for
>>my courses and I am not able to do it.
>>
>>Could you please help me solve this issue?
>>
>>Please let me know if you need additional information.
>>
>>Looking forward to hearing from you!
>>
>
>Reset the password how? Are you trying to connect to the database using
>the macos user account? I don't think that works - PostgreSQL has a
>separate list of users and authentication. Maybe try user "postgres"
>with no password, or something like that.
>
>regards
>
>--
>Tomas Vondra                  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com
>PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Remote DBA, Training & Services

--
Tomas Vondra                  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Remote DBA, Training & Services