BUG #16601: Restore Issue

PostgreSQL version: 13beta3
Operating system:   windows 10
Description:

I create a database in pgadmin 4 and I'm trying to import the sql file. It
throws an error like schema public is already exists and i'm unable to run
the file and create tables with data. Please help me out in this at earliest

This isn't a bug - future questions of this nature should be sent to either the -novice or -general lists.

Manually drop the public schema in your created database before restoring your sql file into it.

David J.

Re: BUG #16601: Restore Issue

Yash Raj
Hi David,

Could you please help me out to fix this issue?

pg_restore: error: could not execute query: ERROR: could not open extension control file "C:/xampp/pgsql/13/share/extension/postgis.control":

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 1:15 AM David G. Johnston <[hidden email]> wrote:

Regards
                 Yash

Re: BUG #16601: Restore Issue

David G Johnston
On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 10:27 PM Yash Raj <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi David,

Could you please help me out to fix this issue?

Best I can do is point out that the error implies that you haven't installed postgis as part of the PostgreSQL server.  You will need to install the external module into the server before restoring a database that uses it - namely via executing CREATE EXTENSION.

David J.

Re: BUG #16601: Restore Issue

Yash Raj
Thank you for the clarification. How can I install the module can you please suggest me the process of installing it?

On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 at 12:28 PM, David G. Johnston <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 10:27 PM Yash Raj <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi David,

Could you please help me out to fix this issue?

David J.

Regards
                 Yash

Re: BUG #16601: Restore Issue

David G Johnston
Read the installation instructions for the aforementioned software.

On Sunday, August 30, 2020, Yash Raj <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 at 12:28 PM, David G. Johnston <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 10:27 PM Yash Raj <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi David,

Could you please help me out to fix this issue?

David J.

Regards
                 Yash

Re: BUG #16601: Restore Issue

Yash Raj
Hi, I got stuck at installing pgrouting, postgis, postgis topology extension. Could you help me on this please?

On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 at 7:40 PM, David G. Johnston <[hidden email]> wrote:
Read the installation instructions for the aforementioned software.

On Sunday, August 30, 2020, Yash Raj <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 at 12:28 PM, David G. Johnston <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 10:27 PM Yash Raj <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi David,

Could you please help me out to fix this issue?

David J.

Regards
                 Yash

Regards
                 Yash

Re: BUG #16601: Restore Issue

David G Johnston
Someone may but it won't be me.

David J.

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 11:05 AM Yash Raj <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 at 7:40 PM, David G. Johnston <[hidden email]> wrote:
Read the installation instructions for the aforementioned software.

On Sunday, August 30, 2020, Yash Raj <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 at 12:28 PM, David G. Johnston <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 10:27 PM Yash Raj <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi David,

Could you please help me out to fix this issue?

David J.

Regards
                 Yash

Regards
                 Yash

Re: BUG #16601: Restore Issue

Yash Raj
Ok, thanks.

On Tue, 1 Sep 2020 at 1:58 AM, David G. Johnston <[hidden email]> wrote:
Someone may but it won't be me.

David J.

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 11:05 AM Yash Raj <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 at 7:40 PM, David G. Johnston <[hidden email]> wrote:
Read the installation instructions for the aforementioned software.

On Sunday, August 30, 2020, Yash Raj <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 at 12:28 PM, David G. Johnston <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 10:27 PM Yash Raj <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi David,

Could you please help me out to fix this issue?

David J.