BUG #16812: Logical decoding error

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

BUG #16812: Logical decoding error

apt.postgresql.org Repository Update
The following bug has been logged on the website:

Bug reference:      16812
Logged by:          Mayur B.
Email address:      [hidden email]
PostgreSQL version: 12.3
Operating system:   Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS
Description:        

Hi,
We started receiving the logical decoding error :
ERROR:  could not map filenode "base/16437/140990927" to relation OID

Database is PG 12.3 and Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS. There is no "vacuum full" or
CLUSTER happening. What could be other sources of this error?

Thanks

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BUG #16812: Logical decoding error

mayur
Sorry, Operating system is Ubuntu 18.04. We are using pipelinewise to consume wal stream and replicate tables to snowflake. YML config file consist of large number of tables so it is difficult to figure out exact table quickly.

Documentation about pipelinewise
https://transferwise.github.io/pipelinewise/


Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Thursday, 7 January 2021 10:57, PG Bug reporting form <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The following bug has been logged on the website:
>
> Bug reference: 16812
> Logged by: Mayur B.
> Email address: [hidden email]
> PostgreSQL version: 12.3
> Operating system: Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS
> Description:
>
> Hi,
> We started receiving the logical decoding error :
> ERROR: could not map filenode "base/16437/140990927" to relation OID
>
> Database is PG 12.3 and Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS. There is no "vacuum full" or
> CLUSTER happening. What could be other sources of this error?
>
> Thanks




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BUG #16812: Logical decoding error

akapila
In reply to this post by apt.postgresql.org Repository Update
On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 2:55 PM PG Bug reporting form
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> The following bug has been logged on the website:
>
> Bug reference:      16812
> Logged by:          Mayur B.
> Email address:      [hidden email]
> PostgreSQL version: 12.3
> Operating system:   Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS
> Description:
>
> Hi,
> We started receiving the logical decoding error :
> ERROR:  could not map filenode "base/16437/140990927" to relation OID
>
> Database is PG 12.3 and Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS. There is no "vacuum full" or
> CLUSTER happening. What could be other sources of this error?
>

It is not clear to me how else this error can happen. However, I think
this can happen due to some re-write of mapped relations as we don't
maintain historic-view for mapped relations. Having said that, as far
as I understand this shouldn't cause any problem because we anyway
don't decode updates to catalog relations and we would have anyway
skipped this operation. I am not sure maybe this could have been a LOG
instead of ERROR.

One way to figure what is going on here is to add a LOG message in
apply_map_update to see the change relationId and then we might be
able to track which exact operation has changed this. The other
possibility could be to use pg_waldump to figure out the WAL record
which leads to this error (maybe with the help of LSN, we can identify
that).

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BUG #16812: Logical decoding error

mayur
Thanks. This was happening because Patroni was removing inactive replication slot.


Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Tuesday, 12 January 2021 07:06, Amit Kapila <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 2:55 PM PG Bug reporting form
> [hidden email] wrote:
>
> > The following bug has been logged on the website:
> > Bug reference: 16812
> > Logged by: Mayur B.
> > Email address: [hidden email]
> > PostgreSQL version: 12.3
> > Operating system: Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS
> > Description:
> > Hi,
> > We started receiving the logical decoding error :
> > ERROR: could not map filenode "base/16437/140990927" to relation OID
> > Database is PG 12.3 and Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS. There is no "vacuum full" or
> > CLUSTER happening. What could be other sources of this error?
>
> It is not clear to me how else this error can happen. However, I think
> this can happen due to some re-write of mapped relations as we don't
> maintain historic-view for mapped relations. Having said that, as far
> as I understand this shouldn't cause any problem because we anyway
> don't decode updates to catalog relations and we would have anyway
> skipped this operation. I am not sure maybe this could have been a LOG
> instead of ERROR.
>
> One way to figure what is going on here is to add a LOG message in
> apply_map_update to see the change relationId and then we might be
> able to track which exact operation has changed this. The other
> possibility could be to use pg_waldump to figure out the WAL record
> which leads to this error (maybe with the help of LSN, we can identify
> that).
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> With Regards,
> Amit Kapila.




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BUG #16812: Logical decoding error

akapila
On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 2:05 PM mayur <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks. This was happening because Patroni was removing inactive replication slot.
>

It is not apparent to me how removing the inactive replication slot by
Patroni causes this error. Can you please explain what's going on?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.