BUG #16859: PostGIS 30 and 31 installation on SLES15 SP2 missing package SFCGAL or gmp

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

BUG #16859: PostGIS 30 and 31 installation on SLES15 SP2 missing package SFCGAL or gmp

PG Bug reporting form
The following bug has been logged on the website:

Bug reference:      16859
Logged by:          heiko kaempf
Email address:      [hidden email]
PostgreSQL version: 12.0
Operating system:   SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP2
Description:        

Dear PostgreSQL developer team,

we have just incuded repositories of PostgreSQL 11, 12 and 13 for
SLES15 SP2 to our SUSE Manager environment from the following download
links:
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/11/suse/sles-15.2-x86_64/
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/12/suse/sles-15.2-x86_64/
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/13/suse/sles-15.2-x86_64/

When trying to install PostGIS version 30 or 31 for PostgreSQL 11, 12 or
13
there is a dependency to missing packages SFCGAL or gmp.

Please find below detailed version of our Linux version and the error
messages:

# cat /etc/os-release
NAME="SLES"
VERSION="15-SP2"
VERSION_ID="15.2"
PRETTY_NAME="SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP2"
ID="sles"
ID_LIKE="suse"
ANSI_COLOR="0;32"
CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:suse:sles:15:sp2"

# zypper in postgis30_11
Refreshing service 'spacewalk'.
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

Problem: nothing provides SFCGAL needed by
postgis30_11-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64
 Solution 1: do not install postgis30_11-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64
 Solution 2: break postgis30_11-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64 by ignoring some of
its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c/d/?] (c): 1
Resolving dependencies...
Resolving package dependencies...
Nothing to do.


# zypper in postgis30_12
Refreshing service 'spacewalk'.
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

Problem: nothing provides gmp needed by postgis30_12-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64
 Solution 1: do not install postgis30_12-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64
 Solution 2: break postgis30_12-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64 by ignoring some of
its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c/d/?] (c): 1
Resolving dependencies...
Resolving package dependencies...
Nothing to do.


# zypper in postgis30_13
Refreshing service 'spacewalk'.
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

Problem: nothing provides gmp needed by postgis30_13-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64
 Solution 1: do not install postgis30_13-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64
 Solution 2: break postgis30_13-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64 by ignoring some of
its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c/d/?] (c): 1
Resolving dependencies...
Resolving package dependencies...
Nothing to do.


# zypper in postgis31_11
Refreshing service 'spacewalk'.
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

Problem: nothing provides SFCGAL needed by
postgis31_11-3.1.0-2.sles15.x86_64
 Solution 1: do not install postgis31_11-3.1.0-2.sles15.x86_64
 Solution 2: break postgis31_11-3.1.0-2.sles15.x86_64 by ignoring some of
its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c/d/?] (c): 1
Resolving dependencies...
Resolving package dependencies...
Nothing to do.


# zypper in postgis31_12
Refreshing service 'spacewalk'.
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

Problem: nothing provides gmp needed by postgis31_12-3.1.0-2.sles15.x86_64
 Solution 1: do not install postgis31_12-3.1.0-2.sles15.x86_64
 Solution 2: break postgis31_12-3.1.0-2.sles15.x86_64 by ignoring some of
its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c/d/?] (c): 1
Resolving dependencies...
Resolving package dependencies...
Nothing to do.


# zypper in postgis31_13

Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

Problem: nothing provides gmp needed by postgis31_13-3.1.0-2.sles15.x86_64
 Solution 1: do not install postgis31_13-3.1.0-2.sles15.x86_64
 Solution 2: break postgis31_13-3.1.0-2.sles15.x86_64 by ignoring some of
its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c/d/?] (c): 1
Resolving dependencies...
Resolving package dependencies...
Nothing to do.

Many thanks
Kind regard
Heiko Kaempf

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BUG #16859: PostGIS 30 and 31 installation on SLES15 SP2 missing package SFCGAL or gmp

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Hi,

Thanks for the report. Looks like I fixed the gmp issue in the spec
files already, but did not update the repo.

SFCGAL issue was about a sync problem, which I fixed (which affected a
few more packages). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Used this opportunity to release 3.1.1 on SLES 15 as well. The new
packages (3.1.1-1 and 3.0.3-5) are now in the repo. Please run

zypper refresh

to make sure that the metadata is up2date.

Let me know if you see more issues.

Regards, Devrim

On Wed, 2021-02-10 at 07:24 +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:

> The following bug has been logged on the website:
>
> Bug reference:      16859
> Logged by:          heiko kaempf
> Email address:      [hidden email]
> PostgreSQL version: 12.0
> Operating system:   SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP2
> Description:       
>
> Dear PostgreSQL developer team,
>
> we have just incuded repositories of PostgreSQL 11, 12 and 13 for
> SLES15 SP2 to our SUSE Manager environment from the following
> download
> links:
> https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/11/suse/sles-15.2-x86_64/
> https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/12/suse/sles-15.2-x86_64/
> https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/13/suse/sles-15.2-x86_64/
>
> When trying to install PostGIS version 30 or 31 for PostgreSQL 11, 12
> or
> 13
> there is a dependency to missing packages SFCGAL or gmp.
>
> Please find below detailed version of our Linux version and the error
> messages:
>
> # cat /etc/os-release
> NAME="SLES"
> VERSION="15-SP2"
> VERSION_ID="15.2"
> PRETTY_NAME="SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP2"
> ID="sles"
> ID_LIKE="suse"
> ANSI_COLOR="0;32"
> CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:suse:sles:15:sp2"
>
> # zypper in postgis30_11
> Refreshing service 'spacewalk'.
> Loading repository data...
> Reading installed packages...
> Resolving package dependencies...
>
> Problem: nothing provides SFCGAL needed by
> postgis30_11-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64
>  Solution 1: do not install postgis30_11-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64
>  Solution 2: break postgis30_11-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64 by ignoring
> some of
> its dependencies
>
> Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c/d/?] (c): 1
> Resolving dependencies...
> Resolving package dependencies...
> Nothing to do.
>
>
> # zypper in postgis30_12
> Refreshing service 'spacewalk'.
> Loading repository data...
> Reading installed packages...
> Resolving package dependencies...
>
> Problem: nothing provides gmp needed by postgis30_12-3.0.3-
> 4.sles15.x86_64
>  Solution 1: do not install postgis30_12-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64
>  Solution 2: break postgis30_12-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64 by ignoring
> some of
> its dependencies
>
> Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c/d/?] (c): 1
> Resolving dependencies...
> Resolving package dependencies...
> Nothing to do.
>
>
> # zypper in postgis30_13
> Refreshing service 'spacewalk'.
> Loading repository data...
> Reading installed packages...
> Resolving package dependencies...
>
> Problem: nothing provides gmp needed by postgis30_13-3.0.3-
> 4.sles15.x86_64
>  Solution 1: do not install postgis30_13-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64
>  Solution 2: break postgis30_13-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64 by ignoring
> some of
> its dependencies
>
> Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c/d/?] (c): 1
> Resolving dependencies...
> Resolving package dependencies...
> Nothing to do.
>
>
> # zypper in postgis31_11
> Refreshing service 'spacewalk'.
> Loading repository data...
> Reading installed packages...
> Resolving package dependencies...
>
> Problem: nothing provides SFCGAL needed by
> postgis31_11-3.1.0-2.sles15.x86_64
>  Solution 1: do not install postgis31_11-3.1.0-2.sles15.x86_64
>  Solution 2: break postgis31_11-3.1.0-2.sles15.x86_64 by ignoring
> some of
> its dependencies
>
> Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c/d/?] (c): 1
> Resolving dependencies...
> Resolving package dependencies...
> Nothing to do.
>
>
> # zypper in postgis31_12
> Refreshing service 'spacewalk'.
> Loading repository data...
> Reading installed packages...
> Resolving package dependencies...
>
> Problem: nothing provides gmp needed by postgis31_12-3.1.0-
> 2.sles15.x86_64
>  Solution 1: do not install postgis31_12-3.1.0-2.sles15.x86_64
>  Solution 2: break postgis31_12-3.1.0-2.sles15.x86_64 by ignoring
> some of
> its dependencies
>
> Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c/d/?] (c): 1
> Resolving dependencies...
> Resolving package dependencies...
> Nothing to do.
>
>
> # zypper in postgis31_13
>
> Loading repository data...
> Reading installed packages...
> Resolving package dependencies...
>
> Problem: nothing provides gmp needed by postgis31_13-3.1.0-
> 2.sles15.x86_64
>  Solution 1: do not install postgis31_13-3.1.0-2.sles15.x86_64
>  Solution 2: break postgis31_13-3.1.0-2.sles15.x86_64 by ignoring
> some of
> its dependencies
>
> Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c/d/?] (c): 1
> Resolving dependencies...
> Resolving package dependencies...
> Nothing to do.
>
> Many thanks
> Kind regard
> Heiko Kaempf
>
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

AW: BUG #16859: PostGIS 30 and 31 installation on SLES15 SP2 missing package SFCGAL or gmp

Kämpf, Heiko (OWL-IT)
Dear Devrim Gündüz,

many thanks for updating the repositories.

The problem about SFCGAL and gmp seems to be solved, but library libjson-c.so.5()(64bit) is missing, also.
In SLES 15 SP2 there is just version 3 of this library included, it seems.

Please find below detailed information:

.
....
.......
# zypper in postgis30_11
Refreshing service 'spacewalk'.
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

Problem: nothing provides libjson-c.so.5()(64bit) needed by postgis30_11-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64
 Solution 1: do not install postgis30_11-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64
 Solution 2: break postgis30_11-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64 by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c/d/?] (c): 1
Resolving dependencies...
Resolving package dependencies...
Nothing to do.


# zypper in postgis31_12
Refreshing service 'spacewalk'.
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

Problem: nothing provides libjson-c.so.5()(64bit) needed by postgis31_12-3.1.1-1.sles15.x86_64
 Solution 1: do not install postgis31_12-3.1.1-1.sles15.x86_64
 Solution 2: break postgis31_12-3.1.1-1.sles15.x86_64 by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c/d/?] (c): 1
Resolving dependencies...
Resolving package dependencies...
Nothing to do.

# zypper lr
Refreshing service 'spacewalk'.
Repository priorities are without effect. All enabled repositories share the same priority.

#  | Alias                                                                       | Name                                                                        | Enabled | GPG Check | Refresh
---+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------+-----------+--------
 1 | spacewalk:dev-gkdzen-postgresql11-for-sle15-sp2-packages-x86_64             | DEV - GKDZEN - PostgreSQL11 for SLES15-SP2-packages-x86_64                  | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes
 2 | spacewalk:dev-gkdzen-postgresql12-for-sle15-sp2-packages-x86_64             | DEV - GKDZEN - PostgreSQL12 for SLES15-SP2-packages-x86_64                  | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes
 3 | spacewalk:dev-gkdzen-postgresql13-for-sle15-sp2-packages-x86_64             | DEV - GKDZEN - PostgreSQL13 for SLES15-SP2-packages-x86_64                  | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes
 4 | spacewalk:dev-gkdzen-sle-manager-tools15-updates-x86_64-sp2                 | DEV - GKDZEN - SLE-Manager-Tools15-Updates for x86_64 SP2                   | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes
 5 | spacewalk:dev-gkdzen-sle-module-basesystem15-sp2-updates-x86_64             | DEV - GKDZEN - SLE-Module-Basesystem15-SP2-Updates for x86_64               | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes
 6 | spacewalk:dev-gkdzen-sle-module-devtools15-sp2-updates-x86_64               | DEV - GKDZEN - SLE-Module-DevTools15-SP2-Updates for x86_64                 | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes
 7 | spacewalk:dev-gkdzen-sle-module-packagehub-subpackages15-sp2-pool-x86_64    | DEV - GKDZEN - SLE-Module-Packagehub-Subpackages15-SP2-Pool for x86_64      | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes
 8 | spacewalk:dev-gkdzen-sle-module-packagehub-subpackages15-sp2-updates-x86_64 | DEV - GKDZEN - SLE-Module-Packagehub-Subpackages15-SP2-Updates for x86_64   | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes
 9 | spacewalk:dev-gkdzen-sle-module-server-applications15-sp2-updates-x86_64    | DEV - GKDZEN - SLE-Module-Server-Applications15-SP2-Updates for x86_64      | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes
10 | spacewalk:dev-gkdzen-sle-product-sles15-sp2-updates-x86_64                  | DEV - GKDZEN - SLE-Product-SLES15-SP2-Updates for x86_64                    | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes
11 | spacewalk:dev-gkdzen-suse-packagehub-15-sp2-backports-pool-x86_64           | DEV - GKDZEN - SUSE-PackageHub-15-SP2-Backports-Pool for x86_64             | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes
12 | spacewalk:dev-gkdzen-suse-packagehub-15-sp2-pool-x86_64                     | DEV - GKDZEN - SUSE-PackageHub-15-SP2-Pool for x86_64                       | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes
13 | spacewalk:gkdzen-sle-manager-tools15-pool-x86_64-sp2                        | GKDZEN - SLE-Manager-Tools15-Pool for x86_64 SP2                            | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes
14 | spacewalk:gkdzen-sle-module-basesystem15-sp2-pool-x86_64                    | GKDZEN - SLE-Module-Basesystem15-SP2-Pool for x86_64                        | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes
15 | spacewalk:gkdzen-sle-module-devtools15-sp2-pool-x86_64                      | GKDZEN - SLE-Module-DevTools15-SP2-Pool for x86_64                          | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes
16 | spacewalk:gkdzen-sle-module-server-applications15-sp2-pool-x86_64           | GKDZEN - SLE-Module-Server-Applications15-SP2-Pool for x86_64               | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes
17 | spacewalk:gkdzen-sle-product-sles15-sp2-pool-x86_64                         | GKDZEN - SLE-Product-SLES15-SP2-Pool for x86_64                             | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes
18 | spacewalk:security-asap-gkdzen-sle-product-sles15-sp2-updates-x86_64        | Security-ASAP Exceptions - GKDZEN SLE-Product-SLES15-SP2-Updates for x86_64 | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes

# zypper se libjson
Refreshing service 'spacewalk'.
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

S | Name                  | Summary                                          | Type
--+-----------------------+--------------------------------------------------+--------
  | libjson-c-devel       | Development headers and libraries for json-c     | package
i | libjson-c3            | JSON-C shared library                            | package
  | libjson-c3-32bit      | JSON-C shared library                            | package
  | libjson-glib-1_0-0    | Library for JavaScript Object Notation format    | package
  | libjsoncpp19          | Shared library for jsoncpp                       | package
  | libjsonrpc-glib-1_0-1 | Library to communicate with JSON-RPC based peers | package
  | libjsonrpc_glib-1_0-0 | Library to communicate with JSON-RPC based peers | package

# rpm -qli libjson-c3
Name        : libjson-c3
Version     : 0.13
Release     : 1.19
Architecture: x86_64
Install Date: Tue Feb  2 08:28:43 2021
Group       : System/Libraries
Size        : 66413
License     : MIT
Signature   : RSA/SHA256, Fri May 25 20:12:59 2018, Key ID 70af9e8139db7c82
Source RPM  : json-c-0.13-1.19.src.rpm
Build Date  : Fri May 25 20:12:50 2018
Build Host  : sheep66
Relocations : (not relocatable)
Packager    : https://www.suse.com/
Vendor      : SUSE LLC <https://www.suse.com/>
URL         : https://github.com/json-c/json-c/wiki
Summary     : JSON-C shared library
Description :
JSON-C implements a reference counting object model that allows you to
easily construct JSON objects in C, output them as JSON formatted
strings and parse JSON formatted strings back into the C
representation of JSON objects.

This package includes the JSON library.
Distribution: SUSE Linux Enterprise 15
/usr/lib64/libjson-c.so.3
/usr/lib64/libjson-c.so.3.0.1
/usr/share/doc/packages/libjson-c3
/usr/share/doc/packages/libjson-c3/COPYING
........
.....
..
.


Kind regards
Heiko



-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Devrim Gündüz <[hidden email]>
Gesendet: Freitag, 12. Februar 2021 02:10
An: Kämpf, Heiko (OWL-IT) <[hidden email]>; [hidden email]
Betreff: Re: BUG #16859: PostGIS 30 and 31 installation on SLES15 SP2 missing package SFCGAL or gmp


Hi,

Thanks for the report. Looks like I fixed the gmp issue in the spec files already, but did not update the repo.

SFCGAL issue was about a sync problem, which I fixed (which affected a few more packages). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Used this opportunity to release 3.1.1 on SLES 15 as well. The new packages (3.1.1-1 and 3.0.3-5) are now in the repo. Please run

zypper refresh

to make sure that the metadata is up2date.

Let me know if you see more issues.

Regards, Devrim

On Wed, 2021-02-10 at 07:24 +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:

> The following bug has been logged on the website:
>
> Bug reference:      16859
> Logged by:          heiko kaempf
> Email address:      [hidden email] PostgreSQL version: 12.0
> Operating system:   SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP2
> Description:
>
> Dear PostgreSQL developer team,
>
> we have just incuded repositories of PostgreSQL 11, 12 and 13 for
> SLES15 SP2 to our SUSE Manager environment from the following download
> links:
> https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/11/suse/sles-15.2-x86_6
> 4/
> https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/12/suse/sles-15.2-x86_6
> 4/
> https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/13/suse/sles-15.2-x86_6
> 4/
>
> When trying to install PostGIS version 30 or 31 for PostgreSQL 11, 12
> or
> 13
> there is a dependency to missing packages SFCGAL or gmp.
>
> Please find below detailed version of our Linux version and the error
> messages:
>
> # cat /etc/os-release
> NAME="SLES"
> VERSION="15-SP2"
> VERSION_ID="15.2"
> PRETTY_NAME="SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP2"
> ID="sles"
> ID_LIKE="suse"
> ANSI_COLOR="0;32"
> CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:suse:sles:15:sp2"
>
> # zypper in postgis30_11
> Refreshing service 'spacewalk'.
> Loading repository data...
> Reading installed packages...
> Resolving package dependencies...
>
> Problem: nothing provides SFCGAL needed by
> postgis30_11-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64
>  Solution 1: do not install postgis30_11-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64
>  Solution 2: break postgis30_11-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64 by ignoring some
> of its dependencies
>
> Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c/d/?] (c): 1
> Resolving dependencies...
> Resolving package dependencies...
> Nothing to do.
>
>
> # zypper in postgis30_12
> Refreshing service 'spacewalk'.
> Loading repository data...
> Reading installed packages...
> Resolving package dependencies...
>
> Problem: nothing provides gmp needed by postgis30_12-3.0.3-
> 4.sles15.x86_64
>  Solution 1: do not install postgis30_12-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64
>  Solution 2: break postgis30_12-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64 by ignoring some
> of its dependencies
>
> Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c/d/?] (c): 1
> Resolving dependencies...
> Resolving package dependencies...
> Nothing to do.
>
>
> # zypper in postgis30_13
> Refreshing service 'spacewalk'.
> Loading repository data...
> Reading installed packages...
> Resolving package dependencies...
>
> Problem: nothing provides gmp needed by postgis30_13-3.0.3-
> 4.sles15.x86_64
>  Solution 1: do not install postgis30_13-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64
>  Solution 2: break postgis30_13-3.0.3-4.sles15.x86_64 by ignoring some
> of its dependencies
>
> Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c/d/?] (c): 1
> Resolving dependencies...
> Resolving package dependencies...
> Nothing to do.
>
>
> # zypper in postgis31_11
> Refreshing service 'spacewalk'.
> Loading repository data...
> Reading installed packages...
> Resolving package dependencies...
>
> Problem: nothing provides SFCGAL needed by
> postgis31_11-3.1.0-2.sles15.x86_64
>  Solution 1: do not install postgis31_11-3.1.0-2.sles15.x86_64
>  Solution 2: break postgis31_11-3.1.0-2.sles15.x86_64 by ignoring some
> of its dependencies
>
> Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c/d/?] (c): 1
> Resolving dependencies...
> Resolving package dependencies...
> Nothing to do.
>
>
> # zypper in postgis31_12
> Refreshing service 'spacewalk'.
> Loading repository data...
> Reading installed packages...
> Resolving package dependencies...
>
> Problem: nothing provides gmp needed by postgis31_12-3.1.0-
> 2.sles15.x86_64
>  Solution 1: do not install postgis31_12-3.1.0-2.sles15.x86_64
>  Solution 2: break postgis31_12-3.1.0-2.sles15.x86_64 by ignoring some
> of its dependencies
>
> Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c/d/?] (c): 1
> Resolving dependencies...
> Resolving package dependencies...
> Nothing to do.
>
>
> # zypper in postgis31_13
>
> Loading repository data...
> Reading installed packages...
> Resolving package dependencies...
>
> Problem: nothing provides gmp needed by postgis31_13-3.1.0-
> 2.sles15.x86_64
>  Solution 1: do not install postgis31_13-3.1.0-2.sles15.x86_64
>  Solution 2: break postgis31_13-3.1.0-2.sles15.x86_64 by ignoring some
> of its dependencies
>
> Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c/d/?] (c): 1
> Resolving dependencies...
> Resolving package dependencies...
> Nothing to do.
>
> Many thanks
> Kind regard
> Heiko Kaempf
>

--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: AW: BUG #16859: PostGIS 30 and 31 installation on SLES15 SP2 missing package SFCGAL or gmp

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Hi,

On Fri, 2021-02-12 at 14:52 +0000, Kämpf, Heiko (OWL-IT) wrote:
> The problem about SFCGAL and gmp seems to be solved, but library
> libjson-c.so.5()(64bit) is missing, also.
> In SLES 15 SP2 there is just version 3 of this library included, it
> seems.

zypper addrepo https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/libraries:/c_c++/SLE_15_SP2/devel:libraries:c_c++.repo

This repo includes libjson-c5 package.

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

AW: AW: BUG #16859: PostGIS 30 and 31 installation on SLES15 SP2 missing package SFCGAL or gmp

Kämpf, Heiko (OWL-IT)
Dear Devrim,

many thanks for the last statement about providing opensuse libjson-c5 package.
We are aware on how to get software packages from opensuse in general.
But we don't want to povide any package from opensuse by it's own to our SUSE Manager environment
that is normally used for SUSE Linux Enterprise Software channels.
If this software is needed for the installation of PostGIS software that is provided on the offical PostgreSQL download sites,
we expect the library is included to the relevant repositories that are released for SLES15 SP2.
So we would like to ask for providing this package to your official PostgreSQL download sites.

Many thanks
Kind regards
Heiko Kaempf


-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Devrim Gündüz <[hidden email]>
Gesendet: Montag, 15. Februar 2021 14:33
An: Kämpf, Heiko (OWL-IT) <[hidden email]>; Kämpf, Heiko (OWL-IT) <[hidden email]>; [hidden email]
Betreff: Re: AW: BUG #16859: PostGIS 30 and 31 installation on SLES15 SP2 missing package SFCGAL or gmp


Hi,

On Fri, 2021-02-12 at 14:52 +0000, Kämpf, Heiko (OWL-IT) wrote:
> The problem about SFCGAL and gmp seems to be solved, but library
> libjson-c.so.5()(64bit) is missing, also.
> In SLES 15 SP2 there is just version 3 of this library included, it
> seems.

zypper addrepo https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/libraries:/c_c++/SLE_15_SP2/devel:libraries:c_c++.repo

This repo includes libjson-c5 package.

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: AW: AW: BUG #16859: PostGIS 30 and 31 installation on SLES15 SP2 missing package SFCGAL or gmp

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Hi,

On Mon, 2021-02-15 at 13:59 +0000, Kämpf, Heiko (OWL-IT) wrote:

> many thanks for the last statement about providing opensuse libjson-
> c5 package.
> We are aware on how to get software packages from opensuse in
> general.
> But we don't want to povide any package from opensuse by it's own to
> our SUSE Manager environment
> that is normally used for SUSE Linux Enterprise Software channels.
> If this software is needed for the installation of PostGIS software
> that is provided on the offical PostgreSQL download sites,
> we expect the library is included to the relevant repositories that
> are released for SLES15 SP2.
> So we would like to ask for providing this package to your official
> PostgreSQL download sites.
If I don't rely on those external repos, we would have half of the
available packages, maybe even more. I'm not in favor of those repos,
but that is the fact. SLES does not have an EPEL-like repo, so...

The amount of time that I spent on SLES is already a lot, and I don't
think I'll maintain another package in the repo for SLES. Sorry about
that.

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment