Config documentation about PROTOCOL=

Config documentation about PROTOCOL=

Jan Wieck-3
The documentation of the PROTOCOL=<value> option in config.html seems out of sync with the current driver behavior (since 09.05.0100).

As I interpret the code and according to my tests, the driver ignores anything in <value> before a dash and if there is a dash, then the following number, parsed via atoi(), is used as the rollback_on_error setting. Even when using SSL.

This discrepancy has recently caused confusion in a customer project, so I would like to fix the documentation.

Is the config.html file generated? If so where is the actual source?

Thanks, Jan

Jan Wieck
Senior Postgres Architect

Re: Config documentation about PROTOCOL=

Jan Wieck-3

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 9:55 AM, Jan Wieck <[hidden email]> wrote:

Lacking any response so far, I propose the attached doc change for clarification of what this option does.

Regards, Jan

Is the config.html file generated? If so where is the actual source?

Thanks, Jan

Jan Wieck
Senior Postgres Architect

Jan Wieck
Senior Postgres Architect

Sent via pgsql-odbc mailing list ([hidden email])
To make changes to your subscription:

psqlodbc_201707041_config.html.diff (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Config documentation about PROTOCOL=

Inoue, Hiroshi-2
Hi Jan,

On 2017/07/05 2:10, Jan Wieck wrote:

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 9:55 AM, Jan Wieck <[hidden email]> wrote:

I would commit the patch.

Thanks.
Hiroshi Inoue

Regards, Jan

Is the config.html file generated? If so where is the actual source?

Thanks, Jan

Jan Wieck
Senior Postgres Architect

Jan Wieck
Senior Postgres Architect

Re: Config documentation about PROTOCOL=

Jan Wieck-3

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 9:50 PM, Inoue, Hiroshi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jan,

On 2017/07/05 2:10, Jan Wieck wrote:

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 9:55 AM, Jan Wieck <[hidden email]> wrote:

I would commit the patch.

Domo arigato, Hiroshi San

Thanks.
Hiroshi Inoue

Regards, Jan

Is the config.html file generated? If so where is the actual source?

Thanks, Jan