Copying Data from Oracle to PostgreSQL

Copying Data from Oracle to PostgreSQL

Pepe TD Vo

Hi Experts,

Is there a best tool for me to copying data from Oracle to PostgreSQL?
The Oracle db named is Cidr and had a few schemas, each schemas owned their own tables, procedures, triggers, functions.  If I create a database on Postgres, how do I copy all schemas from Oracle? Or each schema will become one of the postgreSQL database?

thank you for your helps.

v/r,

Bach-Nga

No one in this world is pure and perfect.  If you avoid people for their mistakes you will be alone. So judge less, love and forgive more.
To call him a dog hardly seems to do him justice though in as much as he had four legs, a tail, and barked, I admit he was, to all outward appearances. But to those who knew him well, he was a perfect gentleman (Hermione Gingold)

**Live simply **Love generously **Care deeply **Speak kindly.
*** Genuinely rich *** Faithful talent *** Sharing success

Re: Copying Data from Oracle to PostgreSQL

Don Seiler
On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 10:23 AM Pepe TD Vo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is there a best tool for me to copying data from Oracle to PostgreSQL?

If you just want to copy data, you could set up oracle_fdw and import the data via a SELECT query from the foreign table(s). If you're looking to migrate all of those objects (including procedures, functions, etc), then you'll need something like ora2pg.

Don.
Don Seiler
www.seiler.us

Re: Copying Data from Oracle to PostgreSQL

Shreeyansh dba
In reply to this post by Pepe TD Vo
You can use ora2pg which is one of the best tool for data migration from Oracle to PostgreSQL.

Thanks & Regards,
Shreeyansh DBA Team
www.shreeyansh.com

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 9:53 PM Pepe TD Vo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Experts,

Is there a best tool for me to copying data from Oracle to PostgreSQL?

thank you for your helps.

v/r,

Bach-Nga

**Live simply **Love generously **Care deeply **Speak kindly.
*** Genuinely rich *** Faithful talent *** Sharing success

Re: Copying Data from Oracle to PostgreSQL

Pepe TD Vo
Yes, I need migrate all the objects including tables, functions, triggers, procedures from Oracle to Postgres.  Oracle is on one server and Postgres is on another server.

This site can’t be reached

ora2pg.darold.net took too long to respond.
Try:"

thank you.

Bach-Nga

**Live simply **Love generously **Care deeply **Speak kindly.
*** Genuinely rich *** Faithful talent *** Sharing success

On Friday, January 11, 2019 11:31 AM, Shreeyansh Dba <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks & Regards,
Shreeyansh DBA Team
www.shreeyansh.com

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 9:53 PM Pepe TD Vo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Experts,

Is there a best tool for me to copying data from Oracle to PostgreSQL?

thank you for your helps.

v/r,

Bach-Nga

**Live simply **Love generously **Care deeply **Speak kindly.
*** Genuinely rich *** Faithful talent *** Sharing success

Re: Copying Data from Oracle to PostgreSQL

Don Seiler
On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 10:35 AM Pepe TD Vo <[hidden email]> wrote:

That site works just fine for me.

Don.
Don Seiler
www.seiler.us

Re: Copying Data from Oracle to PostgreSQL

Shreeyansh dba
In reply to this post by Pepe TD Vo
This site works for us, there might be a security restriction at your end.

Thanks & Regards,
Shreeyansh DBA Team
www.shreeyansh.com

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 10:04 PM Pepe TD Vo <[hidden email]> wrote:

This site can’t be reached

ora2pg.darold.net took too long to respond.
Try:"

thank you.

Bach-Nga

**Live simply **Love generously **Care deeply **Speak kindly.
*** Genuinely rich *** Faithful talent *** Sharing success

On Friday, January 11, 2019 11:31 AM, Shreeyansh Dba <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks & Regards,
Shreeyansh DBA Team
www.shreeyansh.com

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 9:53 PM Pepe TD Vo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Experts,

Is there a best tool for me to copying data from Oracle to PostgreSQL?

thank you for your helps.

v/r,

Bach-Nga

**Live simply **Love generously **Care deeply **Speak kindly.
*** Genuinely rich *** Faithful talent *** Sharing success