Extension Developing Roadmap

Extension Developing Roadmap

Batuhan Osman Taşkaya
I am trying to add support for pgbackrest tool to pgadmin. I added a module local pgadmin repo but i couldn't figure out how to execute a command in the server and get the result of command back. How can i develop an extension that requires command execution in host server?

Re: Extension Developing Roadmap

Ashesh Vashi

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019, 11:45 Batuhan Osman Taşkaya, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Please refer the backup module under '<pgadmin-src>/web/pgadmin/tools/' directory.

-- Thanks, Ashesh

Re: Extension Developing Roadmap

Dave Page-7

On Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 12:20 PM Ashesh Vashi <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019, 11:45 Batuhan Osman Taşkaya, <[hidden email]> wrote:

Right - there are existing examples of our external process management code, of which the existing backup module is a good example. Any external tools called from pgAdmin should use the same code as it provides monitoring, notifications and output display.

For something like pgBackrest though, I wonder if it should actually be made part of the existing backup/restore dialogues anyway. Unless there's a *really* good reason, I'd rather not have multiple backup.restore dialogues in the app.

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Extension Developing Roadmap

Ashesh Vashi

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 5:24 PM Dave Page <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 12:20 PM Ashesh Vashi <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019, 11:45 Batuhan Osman Taşkaya, <[hidden email]> wrote:

No - it should not be made part of the backup/restore dialogues.
I asked him to refer these modules as they're also using external utilities to do the job.

-- Thanks, Ashesh

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Extension Developing Roadmap

Dave Page-7

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 12:12 PM Ashesh Vashi <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 5:24 PM Dave Page <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 12:20 PM Ashesh Vashi <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019, 11:45 Batuhan Osman Taşkaya, <[hidden email]> wrote:

No - it should not be made part of the backup/restore dialogues.

I disagree.

Yes, I realise that.

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Extension Developing Roadmap

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

On Mon, 2019-03-11 at 12:18 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> >>
> > No - it should not be made part of the backup/restore dialogues.
> I disagree.

I agree with Dave in here.

Regards,