Fwd: CFP: The Open Source Database Conference - Frankfurt, 7-9 Nov 2005

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fwd: CFP: The Open Source Database Conference - Frankfurt, 7-9 Nov 2005

Dawid Kuroczko
Say. just got this in my inbox.  Any European PostgreSQLists interested? :)

   Regards,
       Dawid

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Arjen Lentz <[hidden email]>
Date: Aug 3, 2005 11:47 PM
Subject: CFP: The Open Source Database Conference - Frankfurt, 7-9 Nov 2005
To: [hidden email]


Software & Support Verlag, the producer of internationally renowned
conferences such as JAX, International PHP Conference, ApacheCon
Europe and others, announces a new conference for the international
Free Software/Open Source community:

Open Source Database Conference 05
November 7 to 9, 2005
Frankfurt, Germany

It is our pleasure to invite you to become part of this new
conference by sending you the official Call for Paper. Your
submissions would be very much appreciated. Please find further
information on the conference and on the submission proceeding below.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE CONFERENCE AT A GLANCE

* Open Source Database Conference 05: November 7 to 9, 2005
* Event location: NH-Hotel Frankfurt-Mörfelden
* Main conference: November 8 and 9, 2005
* Power workshops (tutorials): November 7, 2005

* Duration of a session: 75 minutes
* Duration of a power workshop (whole day): ~ 6 hours
* Duration of a power workshop (half-day): ~ 3 hours

* Entry form: http://input.entwickler.com
* Closing date: August 19, 2005

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The main conference is divided into the following tracks:

- Database Fundamentals
- Database Development
- Database Administration
- Business Intelligence
- Free Software/Open Source Database Business

Conference topics to be covered are:

- Database Administration
- Migration to Free Software/Open Source Databases
- Performance tuning and optimization
- APIs/Connectors
- New Technologies
- Lowering TCO with Free Software and Open Source RDBMS
- Case studies
- Community-related topics

Languages, technologies: all (Java, PHP…)


We are looking forward to your submission and wish you all the best!
Free Software/Open Source


--
Arjen Lentz, Community Relations Manager
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

MySQL related blogs @ http://www.planetmysql.org/



--
MySQL Announce Mailing List
For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/announce
To unsubscribe:    http://lists.mysql.com/announce?unsub=qnex42@...

---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 4: Have you searched our list archives?

               http://archives.postgresql.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: CFP: The Open Source Database Conference - Frankfurt, 7-9 Nov 2005

Peter Eisentraut-2
Dawid Kuroczko wrote:
> Software & Support Verlag, the producer of internationally renowned
> conferences such as JAX, International PHP Conference, ApacheCon
> Europe and others, announces a new conference for the international
> Free Software/Open Source community:

Since we missed out on EuroOSCON, I think we should consider having a
presence at this one.  The European conference schedule is very crowded
in October and November, but if we can compile a reasonable PostgreSQL
track, I think this one could be worthwhile.

--
Peter Eisentraut
http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/

---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: CFP: The Open Source Database Conference

Simon Riggs
On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 15:14 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Dawid Kuroczko wrote:
> > Software & Support Verlag, the producer of internationally renowned
> > conferences such as JAX, International PHP Conference, ApacheCon
> > Europe and others, announces a new conference for the international
> > Free Software/Open Source community:
>
> Since we missed out on EuroOSCON

That is a rumour I heard also. But we have two speakers....

Best Regards, Simon Riggs


---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 3: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: CFP: The Open Source Database Conference - Frankfurt, 7-9 Nov 2005

Peter Eisentraut-2
Simon Riggs wrote:
> > Since we missed out on EuroOSCON
>
> That is a rumour I heard also. But we have two speakers....

Oh, I see they added Bruce, but that was definitely not there last I
looked at the program.  Who is the second one?

--
Peter Eisentraut
http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/

---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: CFP: The Open Source Database Conference - Frankfurt, 7-9 Nov 2005

Magnus Hagander
> > > Since we missed out on EuroOSCON
> >
> > That is a rumour I heard also. But we have two speakers....
>
> Oh, I see they added Bruce, but that was definitely not there
> last I looked at the program.  Who is the second one?

Definitly not, I've been looking there as well. Didn't even know Bruce
submitted one.

I submitted one about integrating postgresql in a windows environment.
And I *think* Simon submitted one himself as well?

//Magnus

---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: CFP: The Open Source Database Conference

"Hans-Jürgen Schönig (PostgreSQL)"
In reply to this post by Simon Riggs
Simon Riggs wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 15:14 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
>>Dawid Kuroczko wrote:
>>
>>>Software & Support Verlag, the producer of internationally renowned
>>>conferences such as JAX, International PHP Conference, ApacheCon
>>>Europe and others, announces a new conference for the international
>>>Free Software/Open Source community:
>>
>>Since we missed out on EuroOSCON
>
>
> That is a rumour I heard also. But we have two speakers....
>
> Best Regards, Simon Riggs
>
>
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 3: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
>
>                http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq


if additional speakers are needed, we can do a tutorial or a presentation.
just drop me a line if we can do a presentation.

        many thanks,

                hans

---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 4: Have you searched our list archives?

               http://archives.postgresql.org