Not null constraint in postgre

Not null constraint in postgre

Chamath Sajeewa
There is a column in my table with not null constraint. Default value is set to 0 for that column. In my query, column value is set to null. When i try to execute that query in pgsql, it is getting failed due to constraint violation. Any idea? This is working in oracle.
Thank You!

Re: Not null constraint in postgre

Amit S.

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 11:15 AM Chamath Sajeewa <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank You!

Amit Sharma

Re: Not null constraint in postgre

Chamath Sajeewa
column data type is int4.
Thanks!

On Mon, 27 Jul 2020, 11:19 Amit S., <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 11:15 AM Chamath Sajeewa <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank You!

Amit Sharma

Re: Not null constraint in postgre

Didier Gasser-Morlay-2
In reply to this post by Chamath Sajeewa
In order to get the default value to kick in in an insert statement (which I assume you're trying to do), you can either omit that column name from the insert list or set that column value to DEFAULT (no quotes)

Didier