PDF doc build is broken on recent Fedora

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

PDF doc build is broken on recent Fedora

Tom Lane-2
By chance I tried to build our PDF docs on a Fedora 30
installation, and it doesn't work.  xsltproc seems to
get hung up in a tight loop before it starts to produce
any output.  The HTML build works fine, though.

Relevant package versions:

docbook-style-xsl-1.79.2-9.fc30.noarch
libxslt-1.1.33-1.fc30.x86_64

Anybody seen this, or have an idea what to poke at?

                        regards, tom lane


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PDF doc build is broken on recent Fedora

Alexander Lakhin-2
Hello Tom,
13.02.2020 23:37, Tom Lane wrote:

> By chance I tried to build our PDF docs on a Fedora 30
> installation, and it doesn't work.  xsltproc seems to
> get hung up in a tight loop before it starts to produce
> any output.  The HTML build works fine, though.
>
> Relevant package versions:
>
> docbook-style-xsl-1.79.2-9.fc30.noarch
> libxslt-1.1.33-1.fc30.x86_64
>
> Anybody seen this, or have an idea what to poke at?
I've just reproduced this on Fedora 29, 30, 31.
On Fedora 29 I see almost the same package versions:
docbook-style-xsl-1.79.2-8.fc29.noarch
libxslt-1.1.33-1.fc29.x86_64

But it's not reproduced on Fedora 28, where I have:
docbook-style-xsl-1.79.2-7.fc28.noarch
libxslt-1.1.32-2.fc28.x86_64

I will explore this further...

Best regards,
Alexander


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PDF doc build is broken on recent Fedora

Alexander Lakhin-2
15.02.2020 12:09, Alexander Lakhin wrote:

> I've just reproduced this on Fedora 29, 30, 31.
> On Fedora 29 I see almost the same package versions:
> docbook-style-xsl-1.79.2-8.fc29.noarch
> libxslt-1.1.33-1.fc29.x86_64
>
> But it's not reproduced on Fedora 28, where I have:
> docbook-style-xsl-1.79.2-7.fc28.noarch
> libxslt-1.1.32-2.fc28.x86_64
>
> I will explore this further...
It seems Peter was here first:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/libxslt/issues/16

Best regards,
Alexander


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PDF doc build is broken on recent Fedora

Tom Lane-2
Alexander Lakhin <[hidden email]> writes:
> It seems Peter was here first:
> https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/libxslt/issues/16

Indeed.  Looks like I need to pester Fedora to absorb that fix.

Thanks for doing the research!

                        regards, tom lane