Please help fill in the "What's New in PostgreSQL 10" page

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Please help fill in the "What's New in PostgreSQL 10" page

Josh Berkus-6
Please help populate this page with features, descriptions, and links to
articles and blogs.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/New_in_postgres_10

--
Josh Berkus
Containers & Databases Oh My!


--
Sent via pgsql-advocacy mailing list ([hidden email])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-advocacy
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please help fill in the "What's New in PostgreSQL 10" page

Josh Berkus-6
On 05/05/2017 07:39 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Please help populate this page with features, descriptions, and links to
> articles and blogs.
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/New_in_postgres_10
>

Please help!  There's a ton of content to fill in here.

--
Josh Berkus
Containers & Databases Oh My!


--
Sent via pgsql-advocacy mailing list ([hidden email])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-advocacy
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please help fill in the "What's New in PostgreSQL 10" page

Peter Eisentraut-6
On 5/15/17 14:29, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 05/05/2017 07:39 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Please help populate this page with features, descriptions, and links to
>> articles and blogs.
>>
>> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/New_in_postgres_10
>
> Please help!  There's a ton of content to fill in here.

It's not clear to me what the context and audience of this page is.  We
already have press releases, release notes, documentation.  Clarifying
that might help.

--
Peter Eisentraut              http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Remote DBA, Training & Services


--
Sent via pgsql-advocacy mailing list ([hidden email])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-advocacy
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please help fill in the "What's New in PostgreSQL 10" page

Josh Berkus-6
On 05/16/2017 06:11 AM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> On 5/15/17 14:29, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> On 05/05/2017 07:39 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> Please help populate this page with features, descriptions, and links to
>>> articles and blogs.
>>>
>>> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/New_in_postgres_10
>>
>> Please help!  There's a ton of content to fill in here.
>
> It's not clear to me what the context and audience of this page is.  We
> already have press releases, release notes, documentation.  Clarifying
> that might help.
>

We do this every year.  It's not a new thing.

The goal is to have a lot more detailed information about each
user-facing feature, including longer description, examples, links to
blogs, etc.

9.5's is a good example of what we want:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What%27s_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.5

--
Josh Berkus
Containers & Databases Oh My!


--
Sent via pgsql-advocacy mailing list ([hidden email])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-advocacy
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please help fill in the "What's New in PostgreSQL 10" page

Josh Berkus-6
All,

This HN thread has some stuff people are excited about, if anyone wants
to transfer over the examples:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14367311


--
Josh Berkus
Containers & Databases Oh My!


--
Sent via pgsql-advocacy mailing list ([hidden email])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-advocacy
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please help fill in the "What's New in PostgreSQL 10" page

Debra Cerda-2
Fleshing this out a bit helps immensely when the press release is pushed out, and I've had a few open source websites asking for a feature -- thereby increasing Postgres support and advocacy. 

How this release relates not only to developers but also to users is quite valuable, although not as critical as for the final release. 

Sincerely 
Debbie


On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 11:55 AM Josh Berkus <[hidden email]> wrote:
All,

This HN thread has some stuff people are excited about, if anyone wants
to transfer over the examples:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14367311


--
Josh Berkus
Containers & Databases Oh My!


--
Sent via pgsql-advocacy mailing list ([hidden email])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-advocacy