Scott Goley

Platform / Version info:

Postgres 11.4
psqlODBC_x64 v 11.01.0000

I'm a developer working with PowerQuery / ODBC and I'm running into the following issue.

I'm developing a custom connector which is utilizing this driver. I've attached the logs as requested when making a bug report. It looks like the SQL_TSI_DAY operator is being "interpreted" by the driver as a column reference rather than making the necessary conversion to the correct datetimeadd "interval" .

I'm attaching the connector file - ODBCPostgresDirect simply because it contains all the flags that I'm setting for SQLCapabilities, ODBC function overrides etc.

Any input on this would be helpful.

Sent from Mailspring

=?utf-8?Q?mylog=5FMicrosoft=5F8824.log?= (836K) Download Attachment
=?utf-8?Q?mylog=5FMicrosoft=5F408.log?= (4M) Download Attachment
ODBCPostgresDirect.pq (26K) Download Attachment

Re: Regarding conversion of SQL_TSI_DAY operator for Datetimeadd function in ODBC driver

Inoue, Hiroshi-2
Hi Scott,

Unfortunately neither TIMESTAMPADD() nor TIMESTAMPDIFF() is supported now.
Could you please try test drivers which would support them?

On 2019/08/09 0:00, Scott Goley wrote:

Platform / Version info:

Postgres 11.4
psqlODBC_x64 v 11.01.0000

Any input on this would be helpful.

ウイルス フリー。 www.avg.com

Scott Goley
Hiroshi,

Thank you for your response. I will definitely look into that.

Is there any resource which specifies what functions and flags are supported via the current psqlODBC driver?  That would be extremely helpful to me if you were aware of one.

Scott G

On Aug 9 2019, at 8:56 pm, Inoue, Hiroshi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Scott,

Unfortunately neither TIMESTAMPADD() nor TIMESTAMPDIFF() is supported now.
Could you please try test drivers which would support them?

On 2019/08/09 0:00, Scott Goley wrote:

Platform / Version info:

Postgres 11.4
psqlODBC_x64 v 11.01.0000

Any input on this would be helpful.

ウイルス フリー。 www.avg.com
Sent from Mailspring

Inoue, Hiroshi-2

Could you please try the test drivers 11.00.0200 on Windows at

On 2019/08/11 7:51, Scott Goley wrote:
Hiroshi,

Thank you for your response. I will definitely look into that.

Scott G

On Aug 9 2019, at 8:56 pm, Inoue, Hiroshi [hidden email] wrote:
Hi Scott,

Unfortunately neither TIMESTAMPADD() nor TIMESTAMPDIFF() is supported now.
Could you please try test drivers which would support them?

On 2019/08/09 0:00, Scott Goley wrote:

Platform / Version info:

Postgres 11.4
psqlODBC_x64 v 11.01.0000

Any input on this would be helpful.

ウイルス フリー。 www.avg.com

Scott Goley
Hi Hiroshi,

Thank you for your response. I am not currently observing any change between this version and the previous version used. Please see the attached.

On Aug 12 2019, at 6:44 am, Inoue, Hiroshi <[hidden email]> wrote:

Could you please try the test drivers 11.00.0200 on Windows at

On 2019/08/11 7:51, Scott Goley wrote:

Hiroshi,

Thank you for your response. I will definitely look into that.

Scott G

On Aug 9 2019, at 8:56 pm, Inoue, Hiroshi <h-inoue@...> wrote:
Hi Scott,

Unfortunately neither TIMESTAMPADD() nor TIMESTAMPDIFF() is supported now.
Could you please try test drivers which would support them?

On 2019/08/09 0:00, Scott Goley wrote:

Platform / Version info:

Postgres 11.4
psqlODBC_x64 v 11.01.0000

Any input on this would be helpful.

ウイルス フリー。 www.avg.com
Sent from Mailspring

=?utf-8?Q?mylog=5FMicrosoft=5F17292.log?= (1M) Download Attachment
=?utf-8?Q?mylog=5FMicrosoft=5F23128.log?= (4M) Download Attachment

Scott Goley
Hiroshi - my apologies. I believe that I did not appropriately remove the old version prior to adding this one to my system:

This is the correct result for that version of the driver:

The other mylog file is over 25mb. As a result, I'm sharing with you via a dropbox link:

Thank you very much for your quick assistance - I now see the driver attempting to cast via an interval on date fields.

On Aug 13 2019, at 8:46 am, Scott Goley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Hiroshi,

On Aug 12 2019, at 6:44 am, Inoue, Hiroshi <[hidden email]> wrote:

Could you please try the test drivers 11.00.0200 on Windows at

On 2019/08/11 7:51, Scott Goley wrote:

Hiroshi,

Thank you for your response. I will definitely look into that.

Scott G

On Aug 9 2019, at 8:56 pm, Inoue, Hiroshi <h-inoue@...> wrote:
Hi Scott,

Unfortunately neither TIMESTAMPADD() nor TIMESTAMPDIFF() is supported now.
Could you please try test drivers which would support them?

On 2019/08/09 0:00, Scott Goley wrote:

Platform / Version info:

Postgres 11.4
psqlODBC_x64 v 11.01.0000

Any input on this would be helpful.

ウイルス フリー。 www.avg.com
Sent from Mailspring

Microsoft.Mashup.Container.NetFX45.7500.2019-08-13T14-17-04-284260.log (60K) Download Attachment
Microsoft.Mashup.Container.NetFX45.22916.2019-08-13T14-17-12-566874.log (34K) Download Attachment
=?utf-8?Q?mylog=5FMicrosoft=5F7500.log?= (4M) Download Attachment

Inoue, Hiroshi-2

Could you please try the test drivers on Windows 11.00.0310 at

On 2019/08/13 23:27, Scott Goley wrote:

This is the correct result for that version of the driver:

On Aug 13 2019, at 8:46 am, Scott Goley [hidden email] wrote:
Hi Hiroshi,

On Aug 12 2019, at 6:44 am, Inoue, Hiroshi [hidden email] wrote:

Could you please try the test drivers 11.00.0200 on Windows at

On 2019/08/11 7:51, Scott Goley wrote:

Hiroshi,

Thank you for your response. I will definitely look into that.

Scott G

On Aug 9 2019, at 8:56 pm, Inoue, Hiroshi <h-inoue@...> wrote:
Hi Scott,

Unfortunately neither TIMESTAMPADD() nor TIMESTAMPDIFF() is supported now.
Could you please try test drivers which would support them?

On 2019/08/09 0:00, Scott Goley wrote:

Platform / Version info:

Postgres 11.4
psqlODBC_x64 v 11.01.0000

Any input on this would be helpful.

ウイルス フリー。 www.avg.com

Scott Goley
Hiroshi,

I'm afraid this version has broken my ability to make a connection so I am unable to verify the rest of the changes. This is after verifying the driver updated correctly and is showing on the logs as "11.01.0310"

Best regards,

On Aug 14 2019, at 6:49 am, Inoue, Hiroshi <[hidden email]> wrote:

Could you please try the test drivers on Windows 11.00.0310 at

On 2019/08/13 23:27, Scott Goley wrote:

This is the correct result for that version of the driver:

On Aug 13 2019, at 8:46 am, Scott Goley <scottmgoley@...> wrote:
Hi Hiroshi,

On Aug 12 2019, at 6:44 am, Inoue, Hiroshi <h-inoue@...> wrote:

Could you please try the test drivers 11.00.0200 on Windows at

On 2019/08/11 7:51, Scott Goley wrote:

Hiroshi,

Thank you for your response. I will definitely look into that.

Scott G

On Aug 9 2019, at 8:56 pm, Inoue, Hiroshi <h-inoue@...> wrote:
Hi Scott,

Unfortunately neither TIMESTAMPADD() nor TIMESTAMPDIFF() is supported now.
Could you please try test drivers which would support them?

On 2019/08/09 0:00, Scott Goley wrote:

Platform / Version info:

Postgres 11.4
psqlODBC_x64 v 11.01.0000

Any input on this would be helpful.

ウイルス フリー。 www.avg.com
Sent from Mailspring

=?utf-8?Q?mylog=5FMicrosoft=5F12284.log?= (708K) Download Attachment
=?utf-8?Q?mylog=5FMicrosoft=5F12368.log?= (2M) Download Attachment

Inoue, Hiroshi-2
Oops sorry,
The error was caused by changes about another problem.

Could you please try the test drivers on Windows 11.00.0320 at

On 2019/08/14 22:22, Scott Goley wrote:

Best regards,

On Aug 14 2019, at 6:49 am, Inoue, Hiroshi [hidden email] wrote:

Could you please try the test drivers on Windows 11.00.0310 at

On 2019/08/13 23:27, Scott Goley wrote:

This is the correct result for that version of the driver:

On Aug 13 2019, at 8:46 am, Scott Goley <scottmgoley@...> wrote:
Hi Hiroshi,

On Aug 12 2019, at 6:44 am, Inoue, Hiroshi <h-inoue@...> wrote:

Could you please try the test drivers 11.00.0200 on Windows at

On 2019/08/11 7:51, Scott Goley wrote:

Hiroshi,

Thank you for your response. I will definitely look into that.

Scott G

On Aug 9 2019, at 8:56 pm, Inoue, Hiroshi <h-inoue@...> wrote:
Hi Scott,

Unfortunately neither TIMESTAMPADD() nor TIMESTAMPDIFF() is supported now.
Could you please try test drivers which would support them?

On 2019/08/09 0:00, Scott Goley wrote:

Platform / Version info:

Postgres 11.4
psqlODBC_x64 v 11.01.0000

Any input on this would be helpful.

ウイルス フリー。 www.avg.com

Scott Goley
Hiroshi,

I'm happy to say that this has reflected a massive improvement in performance for this connector / driver.

Thank you very much!

I can tell there are some edge cases which are not working as expected but in general this meets my very high level requirements.
Let me take a few days to isolate these particular issues remaining with reproducible conditions before sending you further logs.

I am most grateful.

On Aug 14 2019, at 10:24 am, Inoue, Hiroshi <[hidden email]> wrote:

Oops sorry,
The error was caused by changes about another problem.

Could you please try the test drivers on Windows 11.00.0320 at

On 2019/08/14 22:22, Scott Goley wrote:

Best regards,

On Aug 14 2019, at 6:49 am, Inoue, Hiroshi [hidden email] wrote:

Could you please try the test drivers on Windows 11.00.0310 at

On 2019/08/13 23:27, Scott Goley wrote:

This is the correct result for that version of the driver:

On Aug 13 2019, at 8:46 am, Scott Goley <scottmgoley@...> wrote:
Hi Hiroshi,

On Aug 12 2019, at 6:44 am, Inoue, Hiroshi <h-inoue@...> wrote:

Could you please try the test drivers 11.00.0200 on Windows at

On 2019/08/11 7:51, Scott Goley wrote:

Hiroshi,

Thank you for your response. I will definitely look into that.

Scott G

On Aug 9 2019, at 8:56 pm, Inoue, Hiroshi <h-inoue@...> wrote:
Hi Scott,

Unfortunately neither TIMESTAMPADD() nor TIMESTAMPDIFF() is supported now.
Could you please try test drivers which would support them?

On 2019/08/09 0:00, Scott Goley wrote:

Platform / Version info:

Postgres 11.4
psqlODBC_x64 v 11.01.0000

Any input on this would be helpful.

ウイルス フリー。 www.avg.com

Olagoke Akinyemi
Hello,

I need guidance on sending notification (data) to a soap server when transaction occur in PostgreSQL server? How can I accompany this?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,
Sahoong

On Wednesday, 14 August 2019, 21:10:32 BST, Scott Goley <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you very much!

I am most grateful.

On Aug 14 2019, at 10:24 am, Inoue, Hiroshi <[hidden email]> wrote:

Oops sorry,
The error was caused by changes about another problem.

Could you please try the test drivers on Windows 11.00.0320 at

On 2019/08/14 22:22, Scott Goley wrote:

Best regards,

On Aug 14 2019, at 6:49 am, Inoue, Hiroshi [hidden email] wrote:

Could you please try the test drivers on Windows 11.00.0310 at

On 2019/08/13 23:27, Scott Goley wrote:

This is the correct result for that version of the driver:

On Aug 13 2019, at 8:46 am, Scott Goley <scottmgoley@...> wrote:
Hi Hiroshi,

On Aug 12 2019, at 6:44 am, Inoue, Hiroshi <h-inoue@...> wrote:

Could you please try the test drivers 11.00.0200 on Windows at

On 2019/08/11 7:51, Scott Goley wrote:

Hiroshi,

Thank you for your response. I will definitely look into that.

Scott G

On Aug 9 2019, at 8:56 pm, Inoue, Hiroshi <h-inoue@...> wrote:
Hi Scott,

Unfortunately neither TIMESTAMPADD() nor TIMESTAMPDIFF() is supported now.
Could you please try test drivers which would support them?

On 2019/08/09 0:00, Scott Goley wrote:

Platform / Version info:

Postgres 11.4
psqlODBC_x64 v 11.01.0000

Any input on this would be helpful.

ウイルス フリー。 www.avg.com