Small time bug

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Small time bug

Teodor Sigaev
http://www.sigaev.ru/pics/pgbf.gif

Alias 'corgi' tested HEAD branch 58 minutes in future :)


--
Teodor Sigaev                                   E-mail: [hidden email]
                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Small time bug

Andrew Dunstan
Teodor Sigaev said:
> http://www.sigaev.ru/pics/pgbf.gif
>
> Alias 'corgi' tested HEAD branch 58 minutes in future :)
>
>

Your going to see that if the machine has an incorrect notion of the
current time. Best practice would be for all buidfarm members to run NTP
if possible.

cheers

andrew



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Small time bug

Teodor Sigaev


Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Teodor Sigaev said:
>
>>http://www.sigaev.ru/pics/pgbf.gif
>>
>>Alias 'corgi' tested HEAD branch 58 minutes in future :)
>>
>>
>
>
> Your going to see that if the machine has an incorrect notion of the
> current time. Best practice would be for all buidfarm members to run NTP
> if possible.
>

Yes, it's running, but timezone is set to MSK (Moscow, Russia), not to GMT or UTC

--
Teodor Sigaev                                   E-mail: [hidden email]
                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Small time bug

Andrew Dunstan


Teodor Sigaev wrote:

>
>
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> Teodor Sigaev said:
>>
>>> http://www.sigaev.ru/pics/pgbf.gif
>>>
>>> Alias 'corgi' tested HEAD branch 58 minutes in future :)
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> Your going to see that if the machine has an incorrect notion of the
>> current time. Best practice would be for all buidfarm members to run NTP
>> if possible.
>>
>
> Yes, it's running, but timezone is set to MSK (Moscow, Russia), not to
> GMT or UTC



The time zone should be irrelevant - buildfarm does not use any call
that relates to local time. NTP also does not care about timezones, btw.
However, if the system clock is set to return local time rather than
UTC, (more specifically if you don't get a correct UTC value from perl
-e 'print time,"\n";' ) then the system setup is surely broken.
Buildfarm uses time values in far too many places for me to think about
providing a workaround now - according to the perl docs I am entitled to
assume that these are all in seconds since the epoch.

cheers

andrew