What version specification used by PG community developers?

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

What version specification used by PG community developers?

ZHAOWANCHENG
Is same to the SemVer?(https://semver.org/)



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What version specification used by PG community developers?

Pavel Stehule


st 7. 10. 2020 v 9:52 odesílatel WanCheng <[hidden email]> napsal:
Is same to the SemVer?(https://semver.org/)

no


Regards

Pavel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What version specification used by PG community developers?

Ron-2
In reply to this post by ZHAOWANCHENG
On 10/7/20 2:52 AM, WanCheng wrote:
> Is same to the SemVer?(https://semver.org/)

It used to be, but starting with v10 it's
MAJOR
PATCH

--
Angular momentum makes the world go 'round.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What version specification used by PG community developers?

Adrian Klaver-4
On 10/7/20 6:01 AM, Ron wrote:
> On 10/7/20 2:52 AM, WanCheng wrote:
>> Is same to the SemVer?(https://semver.org/)
>
> It used to be, but starting with v10 it's
> MAJOR
> PATCH

Was it?

Pre-10 it was:

MAJOR.MAJOR.PATCH


--
Adrian Klaver
[hidden email]


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What version specification used by PG community developers?

Magnus Hagander-2


On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 3:47 PM Adrian Klaver <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 10/7/20 6:01 AM, Ron wrote:
> On 10/7/20 2:52 AM, WanCheng wrote:
>> Is same to the SemVer?(https://semver.org/)
>
> It used to be, but starting with v10 it's
> MAJOR
> PATCH

Was it?

Pre-10 it was:

MAJOR.MAJOR.PATCH


Yeah the fact that it kind of looked like semver, but *wasn't* semver, is probably one of the (many) things that confused people. It definitely wasn't semver.

--
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What version specification used by PG community developers?

Adrian Klaver-4
On 10/7/20 6:53 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>
>
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 3:47 PM Adrian Klaver <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     On 10/7/20 6:01 AM, Ron wrote:
>      > On 10/7/20 2:52 AM, WanCheng wrote:
>      >> Is same to the SemVer?(https://semver.org/)
>      >
>      > It used to be, but starting with v10 it's
>      > MAJOR
>      > PATCH
>
>     Was it?
>
>     Pre-10 it was:
>
>     MAJOR.MAJOR.PATCH
>
>
>
> Yeah the fact that it kind of looked like semver, but *wasn't* semver,
> is probably one of the (many) things that confused people. It definitely
> wasn't semver.


Hmm, wonder how people manage in the Python, RH, Linux kernel, etc worlds?

>
> --
>   Magnus Hagander
>   Me: https://www.hagander.net/ <http://www.hagander.net/>
>   Work: https://www.redpill-linpro.com/ <http://www.redpill-linpro.com/>


--
Adrian Klaver
[hidden email]