Where to find postgresql libs in the APT repo ?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Where to find postgresql libs in the APT repo ?

Laura Smith
Hi,

Am looking to compile some software that will make use of Postgresql libraries.

However doing "apt-cache search postgresql-11-*" I can't see any libs or dev package ?

Would installing "postgresql-client-11" be sufficient ?   I don't really want to go installing the whole shebang.

Thanks !

Laura


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where to find postgresql libs in the APT repo ?

Adrian Klaver-4
On 4/14/19 12:09 PM, Laura Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am looking to compile some software that will make use of Postgresql libraries.
>
> However doing "apt-cache search postgresql-11-*" I can't see any libs or dev package ?

postgresql-server-dev-11 - development files for PostgreSQL 11
server-side programming

libpq-dev - header files for libpq5 (PostgreSQL library)
libpq5 - PostgreSQL C client library

>
> Would installing "postgresql-client-11" be sufficient ?   I don't really want to go installing the whole shebang.
>
> Thanks !
>
> Laura
>
>
>


--
Adrian Klaver
[hidden email]


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where to find postgresql libs in the APT repo ?

Laura Smith



Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Sunday, April 14, 2019 8:34 PM, Adrian Klaver <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 4/14/19 12:09 PM, Laura Smith wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Am looking to compile some software that will make use of Postgresql libraries.
> > However doing "apt-cache search postgresql-11-*" I can't see any libs or dev package ?
>
> postgresql-server-dev-11 - development files for PostgreSQL 11
> server-side programming
>
> libpq-dev - header files for libpq5 (PostgreSQL library)
> libpq5 - PostgreSQL C client library
>
> > Would installing "postgresql-client-11" be sufficient ?   I don't really want to go installing the whole shebang.
> > Thanks !
> > Laura
>
> --
>
> Adrian Klaver
> [hidden email]


Awesome !  Thank you !