default role privileges

default role privileges

Michael Shapiro-5
Where in PgAdmin4 can I see (and set) default privileges for a role?

Re: default role privileges

Khushboo Vashi

On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 7:42 PM Michael Shapiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
Where in PgAdmin4 can I see (and set) default privileges for a role?

Re: default role privileges

Michael Shapiro-5
I ran this in one of my databases

ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES FOR ROLE some_role REVOKE EXECUTE ON FUNCTIONS FROM PUBLIC:

I can not see this default privilege anywhere in PgAdmin4 (nor in PgAdmin3).
I see no default privileges for roles on the SQL for the role.
I do see default privileges on the SQL for the database itself, but not the one I added above.
(Also, the last example on the help page show creating an EDB role, but the discussion below talks about a role called "alice")

On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 11:56 PM Khushboo Vashi <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 7:42 PM Michael Shapiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
Where in PgAdmin4 can I see (and set) default privileges for a role?

Re: default role privileges

Khushboo Vashi

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:06 PM Michael Shapiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
I ran this in one of my databases

I can not see this default privilege anywhere in PgAdmin4 (nor in PgAdmin3).
I see no default privileges for roles on the SQL for the role.
Default privileges can be applied on tables, sequences,  types and on functions only, so why roles?
You can create this bug @ https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgadmin4 with the proper steps to reproduce it.

On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 11:56 PM Khushboo Vashi <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 7:42 PM Michael Shapiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
Where in PgAdmin4 can I see (and set) default privileges for a role?

Re: default role privileges

Michael Shapiro-5
default privileges can be applied to roles (and, it appears, only to roles)

ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES
    [ FOR { ROLE | USER } target_role [, ...] ]
    [ IN SCHEMA schema_name [, ...] ]
    abbreviated_grant_or_revoke

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 4:58 AM Khushboo Vashi <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:06 PM Michael Shapiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
I ran this in one of my databases

I can not see this default privilege anywhere in PgAdmin4 (nor in PgAdmin3).
I see no default privileges for roles on the SQL for the role.

On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 11:56 PM Khushboo Vashi <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 7:42 PM Michael Shapiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
Where in PgAdmin4 can I see (and set) default privileges for a role?

Re: default role privileges

Ashesh Vashi
On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 8:18 PM Michael Shapiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
default privileges can be applied to roles (and, it appears, only to roles)

You can find the default priviledges on the database, and schema properties dialog.

Screenshot 2019-05-14 at 11.11.22 AM.png

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES
    [ FOR { ROLE | USER } target_role [, ...] ]
    [ IN SCHEMA schema_name [, ...] ]
    abbreviated_grant_or_revoke

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 4:58 AM Khushboo Vashi <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:06 PM Michael Shapiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
I ran this in one of my databases

I can not see this default privilege anywhere in PgAdmin4 (nor in PgAdmin3).
I see no default privileges for roles on the SQL for the role.

On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 11:56 PM Khushboo Vashi <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 7:42 PM Michael Shapiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
Where in PgAdmin4 can I see (and set) default privileges for a role?

Re: default role privileges

Michael Shapiro-5
Ashesh,

Thanks. I found these dialogs via the Object tab. However, they still do not show the revoke execute on functions from public for the role.
I don't see any indication for for this.

Where does that appear?

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 12:43 AM Ashesh Vashi <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 8:18 PM Michael Shapiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
default privileges can be applied to roles (and, it appears, only to roles)

Screenshot 2019-05-14 at 11.11.22 AM.png

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES
    [ FOR { ROLE | USER } target_role [, ...] ]
    [ IN SCHEMA schema_name [, ...] ]
    abbreviated_grant_or_revoke

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 4:58 AM Khushboo Vashi <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:06 PM Michael Shapiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
I ran this in one of my databases

I can not see this default privilege anywhere in PgAdmin4 (nor in PgAdmin3).
I see no default privileges for roles on the SQL for the role.

On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 11:56 PM Khushboo Vashi <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 7:42 PM Michael Shapiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
Where in PgAdmin4 can I see (and set) default privileges for a role?

Re: default role privileges

Ashesh Vashi

On Tue, 14 May 2019, 13:04 Michael Shapiro, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ashesh,

I don't see any indication for for this.

Where does that appear?
That's probably missing.
Please create a bug for the same.

-- Thanks, Ashesh

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 12:43 AM Ashesh Vashi <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 8:18 PM Michael Shapiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
default privileges can be applied to roles (and, it appears, only to roles)

Screenshot 2019-05-14 at 11.11.22 AM.png

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES
    [ FOR { ROLE | USER } target_role [, ...] ]
    [ IN SCHEMA schema_name [, ...] ]
    abbreviated_grant_or_revoke

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 4:58 AM Khushboo Vashi <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:06 PM Michael Shapiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
I ran this in one of my databases

I can not see this default privilege anywhere in PgAdmin4 (nor in PgAdmin3).
I see no default privileges for roles on the SQL for the role.

On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 11:56 PM Khushboo Vashi <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 7:42 PM Michael Shapiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
Where in PgAdmin4 can I see (and set) default privileges for a role?