install pgcrypto module to existing postgreSQL

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

install pgcrypto module to existing postgreSQL

Pavan Kumar-3
hello experts,

i have Installed and created postgres 11.2 and created couple of database.  Now i got new requirement to encrypt data on  few tables. to  perform this application team is asking us to install pgcrypto module on postgres cluster. 
what is the way to install pgcrypt library ?

please advise 

--
Regards,

#!  Pavan Kumar
----------------------------------------------
-
Sr. Database Administrator..!

NEXT GENERATION PROFESSIONALS, LLC
Cell    #  267-799-3182 #  pavan.dba27 (Gtalk)  
India   # 9000459083

Take Risks; if you win, you will be very happy. If you lose you will be Wise  
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: install pgcrypto module to existing postgreSQL

Adrian Klaver-4
On 9/17/19 1:25 PM, Pavan Kumar wrote:
> hello experts,
>
> i have Installed and created postgres 11.2 and created couple of

How did you install?

> database.  Now i got new requirement to encrypt data on  few tables. to  
> perform this application team is asking us to install pgcrypto module on
> postgres cluster.
> what is the way to install pgcrypt library ?
>
> please advise
>
> --
> *Regards,
>
> #!  Pavan Kumar
> ----------------------------------------------*-
> *Sr. Database Administrator..!*
> *NEXT GENERATION PROFESSIONALS, LLC*
> *Cell    #  267-799-3182 #  pavan.dba27 (Gtalk) *
> *India   # 9000459083*
>
>     *Take Risks; if you win, you will be very happy. If you lose you
>     will be Wise *
>


--
Adrian Klaver
[hidden email]


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: install pgcrypto module to existing postgreSQL

Pavan Kumar-3
Hello Adrian,

i have used configure command install postgres 

  $ ./configure --prefix=/pgbin/11.2 --with-segsize=32 --with-pgport=5432

once configure is done, used make and make install to install postgres.



On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 4:06 PM Adrian Klaver <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 9/17/19 1:25 PM, Pavan Kumar wrote:
> hello experts,
>
> i have Installed and created postgres 11.2 and created couple of

How did you install?

> database.  Now i got new requirement to encrypt data on  few tables. to 
> perform this application team is asking us to install pgcrypto module on
> postgres cluster.
> what is the way to install pgcrypt library ?
>
> please advise
>
> --
> *Regards,
>
> #!  Pavan Kumar
> ----------------------------------------------*-
> *Sr. Database Administrator..!*
> *NEXT GENERATION PROFESSIONALS, LLC*
> *Cell    #  267-799-3182 #  pavan.dba27 (Gtalk) *
> *India   # 9000459083*
>
>     *Take Risks; if you win, you will be very happy. If you lose you
>     will be Wise *
>


--
Adrian Klaver
[hidden email]


--
Regards,

#!  Pavan Kumar
----------------------------------------------
-
Sr. Database Administrator..!

NEXT GENERATION PROFESSIONALS, LLC
Cell    #  267-799-3182 #  pavan.dba27 (Gtalk)  
India   # 9000459083

Take Risks; if you win, you will be very happy. If you lose you will be Wise  
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: install pgcrypto module to existing postgreSQL

Adrian Klaver-4
On 9/17/19 2:18 PM, Pavan Kumar wrote:
> Hello Adrian,
>
> i have used configure command install postgres
>
>    $ ./configure --prefix=/pgbin/11.2 --with-segsize=32 --with-pgport=5432
>
> once configure is done, used make and make install to install postgres.

Full instructions are here at bottom:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/contrib.html

>
>
>
> On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 4:06 PM Adrian Klaver <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     On 9/17/19 1:25 PM, Pavan Kumar wrote:
>      > hello experts,
>      >
>      > i have Installed and created postgres 11.2 and created couple of
>
>     How did you install?
>
>      > database.  Now i got new requirement to encrypt data on  few
>     tables. to
>      > perform this application team is asking us to install pgcrypto
>     module on
>      > postgres cluster.
>      > what is the way to install pgcrypt library ?
>      >
>      > please advise
>      >
>      > --
>      > *Regards,
>      >
>      > #!  Pavan Kumar
>      > ----------------------------------------------*-
>      > *Sr. Database Administrator..!*
>      > *NEXT GENERATION PROFESSIONALS, LLC*
>      > *Cell    #  267-799-3182 #  pavan.dba27 (Gtalk) *
>      > *India   # 9000459083*
>      >
>      >     *Take Risks; if you win, you will be very happy. If you lose you
>      >     will be Wise *
>      >
>
>
>     --
>     Adrian Klaver
>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>
>
>
> --
> *Regards,
>
> #!  Pavan Kumar
> ----------------------------------------------*-
> *Sr. Database Administrator..!*
> *NEXT GENERATION PROFESSIONALS, LLC*
> *Cell    #  267-799-3182 #  pavan.dba27 (Gtalk) *
> *India   # 9000459083*
>
>     *Take Risks; if you win, you will be very happy. If you lose you
>     will be Wise *
>


--
Adrian Klaver
[hidden email]


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: install pgcrypto module to existing postgreSQL

Ron-2
In reply to this post by Pavan Kumar-3
IOW, you installed it from source instead of a package.

On 9/17/19 4:18 PM, Pavan Kumar wrote:
Hello Adrian,

i have used configure command install postgres 

  $ ./configure --prefix=/pgbin/11.2 --with-segsize=32 --with-pgport=5432

once configure is done, used make and make install to install postgres.



On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 4:06 PM Adrian Klaver <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 9/17/19 1:25 PM, Pavan Kumar wrote:
> hello experts,
>
> i have Installed and created postgres 11.2 and created couple of

How did you install?

> database.  Now i got new requirement to encrypt data on  few tables. to 
> perform this application team is asking us to install pgcrypto module on
> postgres cluster.
> what is the way to install pgcrypt library ?
>
> please advise

--
Angular momentum makes the world go 'round.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: install pgcrypto module to existing postgreSQL

Pavan Kumar-3
Ron, 

yes, Installed with source code. here is my postgres configuration 
BINDIR = /pgbin/11.2/bin
DOCDIR = /pgbin/11.2/share/doc/postgresql
HTMLDIR = /pgbin/11.2/share/doc/postgresql
INCLUDEDIR = /pgbin/11.2/include
PKGINCLUDEDIR = /pgbin/11.2/include/postgresql
INCLUDEDIR-SERVER = /pgbin/11.2/include/postgresql/server
LIBDIR = /pgbin/11.2/lib
PKGLIBDIR = /pgbin/11.2/lib/postgresql
LOCALEDIR = /pgbin/11.2/share/locale
MANDIR = /pgbin/11.2/share/man
SHAREDIR = /pgbin/11.2/share/postgresql
SYSCONFDIR = /pgbin/11.2/etc/postgresql
PGXS = /pgbin/11.2/lib/postgresql/pgxs/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk
CONFIGURE = '--prefix=/pgbin/11.2' '--with-segsize=32' '--with-pgport=5432'
CC = gcc
CPPFLAGS = -D_GNU_SOURCE
CFLAGS = -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -fexcess-precision=standard -O2
CFLAGS_SL = -fPIC
LDFLAGS = -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-rpath,'/pgbin/11.2/lib',--enable-new-dtags
LDFLAGS_EX =
LDFLAGS_SL =
LIBS = -lpgcommon -lpgport -lpthread -lz -lreadline -lrt -lcrypt -ldl -lm
VERSION = PostgreSQL 11.2

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 4:22 PM Ron <[hidden email]> wrote:
IOW, you installed it from source instead of a package.

On 9/17/19 4:18 PM, Pavan Kumar wrote:
Hello Adrian,

i have used configure command install postgres 

  $ ./configure --prefix=/pgbin/11.2 --with-segsize=32 --with-pgport=5432

once configure is done, used make and make install to install postgres.



On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 4:06 PM Adrian Klaver <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 9/17/19 1:25 PM, Pavan Kumar wrote:
> hello experts,
>
> i have Installed and created postgres 11.2 and created couple of

How did you install?

> database.  Now i got new requirement to encrypt data on  few tables. to 
> perform this application team is asking us to install pgcrypto module on
> postgres cluster.
> what is the way to install pgcrypt library ?
>
> please advise

--
Angular momentum makes the world go 'round.


--
Regards,

#!  Pavan Kumar
----------------------------------------------
-
Sr. Database Administrator..!

NEXT GENERATION PROFESSIONALS, LLC
Cell    #  267-799-3182 #  pavan.dba27 (Gtalk)  
India   # 9000459083

Take Risks; if you win, you will be very happy. If you lose you will be Wise  
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: install pgcrypto module to existing postgreSQL

Luca Ferrari-2
In reply to this post by Pavan Kumar-3
On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 11:19 PM Pavan Kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> once configure is done, used make and make install to install postgres.

cd contrib && make && make install
that should work.

Luca