log out?

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

log out?

Richard Hector
Hi,

It seems there's no way to log out from lists.postgresql.org, which is
unexpected, at least to me.

For reference, I'm using Firefox 68.8.0esr (64-bit) on Debian GNU/Linux
10 (buster), and logged in using my Community account.

Thanks,
Richard


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: log out?

Adrian Klaver-4
On 5/27/20 5:24 PM, Richard Hector wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems there's no way to log out from lists.postgresql.org, which is
> unexpected, at least to me.

By log out do you mean unsubscribe?

If so then go here:

https://lists.postgresql.org/unsubscribe/

and follow directions.

If you don't mean unsubscribe then you will need to provide more
information.

>
> For reference, I'm using Firefox 68.8.0esr (64-bit) on Debian GNU/Linux
> 10 (buster), and logged in using my Community account.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard
>
>


--
Adrian Klaver
[hidden email]


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: log out?

Richard Hector
On 28/05/20 12:27 pm, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 5/27/20 5:24 PM, Richard Hector wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> It seems there's no way to log out from lists.postgresql.org, which is
>> unexpected, at least to me.
>
> By log out do you mean unsubscribe?

No, I mean log out from the management interface. I logged in to
unsubscribe from  a list, but when I'd finished I couldn't find a
button/link/whatever to log out. So if I'd been using someone else's
computer, they'd still be able to make further changes.

Cheers,
Richard


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: log out?

Adrian Klaver-4
On 5/27/20 5:34 PM, Richard Hector wrote:

> On 28/05/20 12:27 pm, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> On 5/27/20 5:24 PM, Richard Hector wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> It seems there's no way to log out from lists.postgresql.org, which is
>>> unexpected, at least to me.
>>
>> By log out do you mean unsubscribe?
>
> No, I mean log out from the management interface. I logged in to
> unsubscribe from  a list, but when I'd finished I couldn't find a
> button/link/whatever to log out. So if I'd been using someone else's
> computer, they'd still be able to make further changes.

https://www.postgresql.org/account/

On left sidebar at bottom is Logout.

>
> Cheers,
> Richard
>


--
Adrian Klaver
[hidden email]


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: log out?

Richard Hector
On 28/05/20 12:38 pm, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> On 5/27/20 5:34 PM, Richard Hector wrote:
>> On 28/05/20 12:27 pm, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>>> On 5/27/20 5:24 PM, Richard Hector wrote:
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> It seems there's no way to log out from lists.postgresql.org, which is
>>>> unexpected, at least to me.
>>>
>>> By log out do you mean unsubscribe?
>>
>> No, I mean log out from the management interface. I logged in to
>> unsubscribe from  a list, but when I'd finished I couldn't find a
>> button/link/whatever to log out. So if I'd been using someone else's
>> computer, they'd still be able to make further changes.
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/account/

Firstly, there's no clear way to navigate to there from
https://lists.postgresql.org/, and secondly, while it seems I was logged
in there, somehow, logging out didn't log me out from the lists site - I
can still see my subscriptions etc.

Cheers,
Richard


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: log out?

Adrian Klaver-4
On 5/27/20 5:42 PM, Richard Hector wrote:

> On 28/05/20 12:38 pm, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> On 5/27/20 5:34 PM, Richard Hector wrote:
>>> On 28/05/20 12:27 pm, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>>>> On 5/27/20 5:24 PM, Richard Hector wrote:
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>
>>>>> It seems there's no way to log out from lists.postgresql.org, which is
>>>>> unexpected, at least to me.
>>>>
>>>> By log out do you mean unsubscribe?
>>>
>>> No, I mean log out from the management interface. I logged in to
>>> unsubscribe from  a list, but when I'd finished I couldn't find a
>>> button/link/whatever to log out. So if I'd been using someone else's
>>> computer, they'd still be able to make further changes.
>>
>> https://www.postgresql.org/account/
>
> Firstly, there's no clear way to navigate to there from
> https://lists.postgresql.org/, and secondly, while it seems I was logged
> in there, somehow, logging out didn't log me out from the lists site - I
> can still see my subscriptions etc.

Hmm, yeah I see that also. Pretty sure that was not like that before.
One of the Web site team members is going to have to address that.

>
> Cheers,
> Richard
>


--
Adrian Klaver
[hidden email]


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: log out?

Magnus Hagander-2
In reply to this post by Richard Hector


On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 2:42 AM Richard Hector <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 28/05/20 12:38 pm, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 5/27/20 5:34 PM, Richard Hector wrote:
>> On 28/05/20 12:27 pm, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>>> On 5/27/20 5:24 PM, Richard Hector wrote:
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> It seems there's no way to log out from lists.postgresql.org, which is
>>>> unexpected, at least to me.
>>>
>>> By log out do you mean unsubscribe?
>>
>> No, I mean log out from the management interface. I logged in to
>> unsubscribe from  a list, but when I'd finished I couldn't find a
>> button/link/whatever to log out. So if I'd been using someone else's
>> computer, they'd still be able to make further changes.
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/account/

Firstly, there's no clear way to navigate to there from
https://lists.postgresql.org/, and secondly, while it seems I was logged
in there, somehow, logging out didn't log me out from the lists site - I
can still see my subscriptions etc.

Yeah, it maintains that login and only logs you out "upstream". You can log out of the lists system by going to https://lists.postgresql.org/accounts/logout/ -- but clearly there's an oversight and this is never actually linked from anywhere, which it should be.
 
--
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: log out?

Adrian Klaver-4
On 5/28/20 12:26 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
>

>
> Yeah, it maintains that login and only logs you out "upstream". You can
> log out of the lists system by going to
> https://lists.postgresql.org/accounts/logout/ -- but clearly there's an
> oversight and this is never actually linked from anywhere, which it
> should be.

Except when I tried that when going through the process for the OP it
did not log me out of the lists system.

> --
>   Magnus Hagander
>   Me: https://www.hagander.net/ <http://www.hagander.net/>
>   Work: https://www.redpill-linpro.com/ <http://www.redpill-linpro.com/>


--
Adrian Klaver
[hidden email]


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: log out?

Richard Hector
In reply to this post by Magnus Hagander-2
On 28/05/20 7:26 pm, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> You can log out of the lists system by going to
> https://lists.postgresql.org/accounts/logout/ -- but clearly there's an
> oversight and this is never actually linked from anywhere, which it
> should be.

Yes, I can confirm that that link logs me out.

Cheers,
Richard