pg_basebackup fails to connect from slave server

pg_basebackup fails to connect from slave server

Sanjib Mohanty
Hi List,

I am new to postgres/EnterpriseDB( 9.6). In fact, I was trying to configure one streaming replication from master to hot-standby server.  I will appreciate if I need any help or document to configure and test in in RHEL server.

I am using  EenterpriseDB 9.6 version.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,
SM

Re: pg_basebackup fails to connect from slave server

Holger Jakobs-2
Hi

What is your question? Can't figure it out.

Regards,

Holger

Am 06.02.20 um 13:59 schrieb Sanjib Mohanty:

> Hi List,
> I am new to postgres/EnterpriseDB( 9.6). In fact, I was trying to
> configure one streaming replication from master to hot-standby
> server.  I will appreciate if I need any help or document to configure
> and test in in RHEL server.
> I am using  EenterpriseDB 9.6 version.
> Thanks in advance,
> Cheers,
> SM

RE: pg_basebackup fails to connect from slave server

soumik.bhattacharjee
In reply to this post by Sanjib Mohanty

rom: Sanjib Mohanty <[hidden email]>
Sent: donderdag 6 februari 2020 14:00
To: [hidden email]
Subject: pg_basebackup fails to connect from slave server

Hi List,

I am using  EenterpriseDB 9.6 version.

• EDB has its own support and replication solutions.
  • You working with community version of PostgreSQL or EDB?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

SM

Re: pg_basebackup fails to connect from slave server

lennam

Here is link

this will guide you step by step.

let me know , if still any questions.

Quoting [hidden email]:

> rom: Sanjib Mohanty <[hidden email]>
> Sent: donderdag 6 februari 2020 14:00
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: pg_basebackup fails to connect from slave server
> Hi List,
> I am new to postgres/EnterpriseDB( 9.6). In fact, I was trying to
> configure one streaming replication from master to hot-standby
> server.  I will appreciate if I need any help or document to
> configure and test in in RHEL server.
> I am using  EenterpriseDB 9.6 version.
>   *   EDB has its own support and replication solutions.
>   *   You working with community version of PostgreSQL or EDB?
> Thanks in advance,
> Cheers,
> SM

Re: pg_basebackup fails to connect from slave server

Sanjib Mohanty
Hi team,
Thanks a lot all of your help for heads up.
I could  able t o successfully replicate the data and test the fail over scenario by promoting the hot stand by to  master.
However, I need best precise solution for fail back scenario now. I  mean, Switching back to to original master and slave setup.

In that case, I  would like to bring back my original master to master again and promoted master back to slave.

Master is down-
Promoted slave as master- Inserted few records- Need to demote the Slave and bring back the Master

Do I need to follow the same process as  I created  the  slave initially ?

Thanks in advance, your reply will greatly help.

Regards,
SM

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 9:19 PM <[hidden email]> wrote:

Here is link

this will guide you step by step.

let me know , if still any questions.

Quoting [hidden email]:

> rom: Sanjib Mohanty <[hidden email]>
> Sent: donderdag 6 februari 2020 14:00
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: pg_basebackup fails to connect from slave server
> Hi List,
> I am new to postgres/EnterpriseDB( 9.6). In fact, I was trying to
> configure one streaming replication from master to hot-standby
> server.  I will appreciate if I need any help or document to
> configure and test in in RHEL server.
> I am using  EenterpriseDB 9.6 version.
>   *   EDB has its own support and replication solutions.
>   *   You working with community version of PostgreSQL or EDB?
> Thanks in advance,
> Cheers,
> SM

Re: pg_basebackup fails to connect from slave server

Sanjib Mohanty

Thanks for introducing this beautiful component EFM. Currently I am looking for a solution with the existing core capacity of Postgres.

In future I may think of using this great tool.

I am just looking for safe approach to fail back even if there is some manual work I am fine with that.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Sanjib

On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 at 8:39 PM, jwiencek3 <[hidden email]> wrote:
You should install and configure EDB 's Enterprise Failover Manager(EFM).

Regards

John Wiencek

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9+, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: Sanjib Mohanty <[hidden email]>
Date: 2/9/20 1:15 AM (GMT-06:00)
Subject: Re: pg_basebackup fails to connect from slave server

Hi team,
Thanks a lot all of your help for heads up.

Master is down-

Do I need to follow the same process as  I created  the  slave initially ?

Thanks in advance, your reply will greatly help.

Regards,
SM

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 9:19 PM <[hidden email]> wrote:

Here is link

this will guide you step by step.

let me know , if still any questions.

Quoting [hidden email]:

> rom: Sanjib Mohanty <[hidden email]>
> Sent: donderdag 6 februari 2020 14:00
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: pg_basebackup fails to connect from slave server
> Hi List,
> I am new to postgres/EnterpriseDB( 9.6). In fact, I was trying to
> configure one streaming replication from master to hot-standby
> server.  I will appreciate if I need any help or document to
> configure and test in in RHEL server.
> I am using  EenterpriseDB 9.6 version.
>   *   EDB has its own support and replication solutions.
>   *   You working with community version of PostgreSQL or EDB?
> Thanks in advance,
> Cheers,
> SM

Re: pg_basebackup fails to connect from slave server

dbatoCloud Solution
Dear Sanjib/All,
I've finished my replication cluster setup (pg10). now i have 1 primary and 1 standby and I installed pgpool.4 on both servers for load balancing and failover . I need some good documents to configure pgpool+watchdog configurations.

Please help on it.

Regards,
Ashok

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 8:58 AM Sanjib Mohanty <[hidden email]> wrote:

In future I may think of using this great tool.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Sanjib

On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 at 8:39 PM, jwiencek3 <[hidden email]> wrote:
You should install and configure EDB 's Enterprise Failover Manager(EFM).

Regards

John Wiencek

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9+, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: Sanjib Mohanty <[hidden email]>
Date: 2/9/20 1:15 AM (GMT-06:00)
Subject: Re: pg_basebackup fails to connect from slave server

Hi team,
Thanks a lot all of your help for heads up.

Master is down-

Do I need to follow the same process as  I created  the  slave initially ?

Thanks in advance, your reply will greatly help.

Regards,
SM

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 9:19 PM <[hidden email]> wrote:

Here is link

this will guide you step by step.

let me know , if still any questions.

Quoting [hidden email]:

> rom: Sanjib Mohanty <[hidden email]>
> Sent: donderdag 6 februari 2020 14:00
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: pg_basebackup fails to connect from slave server
> Hi List,
> I am new to postgres/EnterpriseDB( 9.6). In fact, I was trying to
> configure one streaming replication from master to hot-standby
> server.  I will appreciate if I need any help or document to
> configure and test in in RHEL server.
> I am using  EenterpriseDB 9.6 version.
>   *   EDB has its own support and replication solutions.
>   *   You working with community version of PostgreSQL or EDB?
> Thanks in advance,