pgAdmin does not open in AWS EC2

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

pgAdmin does not open in AWS EC2

Maisum
I am trying to deploy Django based website on AWS EC2. I have successfully
created an instance and install my python libraries there. I am using
Postgres here. For that, I have installed Postgres along with pgAdmin, but
for some reason, it does not open. It just displayed that it's starting up
the server but it does not open at all and shows nothing after it.



--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-support-f2191615.html


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pgAdmin does not open in AWS EC2

Aditya Toshniwal
H Maisum,

Can you please share screenshots, pgAdmin logs ?

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 3:44 AM Maisum <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am trying to deploy Django based website on AWS EC2. I have successfully
created an instance and install my python libraries there. I am using
Postgres here. For that, I have installed Postgres along with pgAdmin, but
for some reason, it does not open. It just displayed that it's starting up
the server but it does not open at all and shows nothing after it.



--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-support-f2191615.html




--
Thanks,
Aditya Toshniwal
pgAdmin hacker | Sr. Software Engineer | edbpostgres.com
"Don't Complain about Heat, Plant a TREE"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pgAdmin does not open in AWS EC2

Maisum
Thank you Aditya for responding.

I don't think there is any log file since it doesn't open even once. I have
checked it and didn't find any. It worked fine on my own system but just
causing issues in opening up in my AWS EC2 instance.

I have installed pgAdmin along with PostgreSQL setup. I have also tried
installing it separately but the same issue every time it doesn't launch.



--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-support-f2191615.html


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pgAdmin does not open in AWS EC2

Yogesh Mahajan
Hi Maisum,

Startup logs will be in the user home directory with a file named - '.pgAdmin4.startup.log'.
Also what is an operating system on an EC2 instance?

Thanks,
Yogesh Mahajan
EnterpriseDB


On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 1:47 PM Maisum <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you Aditya for responding.

I don't think there is any log file since it doesn't open even once. I have
checked it and didn't find any. It worked fine on my own system but just
causing issues in opening up in my AWS EC2 instance.

I have installed pgAdmin along with PostgreSQL setup. I have also tried
installing it separately but the same issue every time it doesn't launch.



--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-support-f2191615.html


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pgAdmin does not open in AWS EC2

Maisum
Hi Yogesh,

Thank you for replying to this. I am sorry I still couldn't find any log
file.
The operating system of my AWS EC2 instance is Windows Server 2019
Datacenter.

Regards,
Maisum Abbas



--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-support-f2191615.html


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pgAdmin does not open in AWS EC2

Yogesh Mahajan
Hi Maisum,

Could you please check file at location - C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local with name - 'pgadmin4.startup'

Thanks,
Yogesh Mahajan
EnterpriseDB


On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 4:37 PM Maisum <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Yogesh,

Thank you for replying to this. I am sorry I still couldn't find any log
file.
The operating system of my AWS EC2 instance is Windows Server 2019
Datacenter.

Regards,
Maisum Abbas



--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-support-f2191615.html


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pgAdmin does not open in AWS EC2

Maisum
This post was updated on .
Hi Yogesh,Thank you for letting me know the location. I found two log files
of pgAdmin4 which are attached below:
<http://championdumpster.esquall.com/assets/img/startup.PNG
<http://championdumpster.esquall.com/assets/img/Other.PNG
 Please let me know how to fix it.


--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-support-f2191615.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pgAdmin does not open in AWS EC2

Yogesh Mahajan
Hi Maisum,

Could you please tell, how many results are fetched for 'pgAdmin' on the program search utility? Expected result is only 1.

Also, could you please try deleting the existing database file at below location? Kindly take backup first.
Location - C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\pgAdmin
File Name - pgadmin4.db

Thanks,
Yogesh Mahajan
EnterpriseDB


On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 1:46 PM Maisum <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Yogesh, Thank you for letting me know the location. I found two log files of pgAdmin4 which are attached below:


Sent from the PostgreSQL - pgadmin support mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pgAdmin does not open in AWS EC2

Maisum
Hi Yogesh,

Thank you so much for your response. I managed to do it though by creating a
new instance from scratch and it worked on it. I don't know what was the
issue though.

Regards,
Maisum Abbas



--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-support-f2191615.html