[pgAdmin4][RM4018] Technical debt: Rewrite the Query Tool history and related tests to remove dependency on React

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[pgAdmin4][RM4018] Technical debt: Rewrite the Query Tool history and related tests to remove dependency on React

Aditya Toshniwal
Hi Hackers,

Attached is the patch to remove React dependency in pgAdmin.
The query history component is re-written using jQuery and vanilla JS. There is no change in look and feel. Test cases are modified accordingly. Perform a "yarn install" before bundling.

Kindly review.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Aditya Toshniwal
Software Engineer | EnterpriseDB Software Solutions | Pune
"Don't Complain about Heat, Plant a tree"

RM4018.patch (679K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [pgAdmin4][RM4018] Technical debt: Rewrite the Query Tool history and related tests to remove dependency on React

Dave Page-7
Thanks - committed. Oddly, having removed a bunch of files and 88 JS dependencies, the resulting Python package is actually slightly bigger!

On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 9:46 AM Aditya Toshniwal <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Hackers,

Attached is the patch to remove React dependency in pgAdmin.
The query history component is re-written using jQuery and vanilla JS. There is no change in look and feel. Test cases are modified accordingly. Perform a "yarn install" before bundling.

Kindly review.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Aditya Toshniwal
Software Engineer | EnterpriseDB Software Solutions | Pune
"Don't Complain about Heat, Plant a tree"


--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [pgAdmin4][RM4018] Technical debt: Rewrite the Query Tool history and related tests to remove dependency on React

Khushboo Vashi


On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 4:23 PM Dave Page <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks - committed. Oddly, having removed a bunch of files and 88 JS dependencies, the resulting Python package is actually slightly bigger!
And now I have conflicts in around 40 files. :)

On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 9:46 AM Aditya Toshniwal <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Hackers,

Attached is the patch to remove React dependency in pgAdmin.
The query history component is re-written using jQuery and vanilla JS. There is no change in look and feel. Test cases are modified accordingly. Perform a "yarn install" before bundling.

Kindly review.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Aditya Toshniwal
Software Engineer | EnterpriseDB Software Solutions | Pune
"Don't Complain about Heat, Plant a tree"


--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [pgAdmin4][RM4018] Technical debt: Rewrite the Query Tool history and related tests to remove dependency on React

Dave Page-7


On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 11:02 AM Khushboo Vashi <[hidden email]> wrote:


On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 4:23 PM Dave Page <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks - committed. Oddly, having removed a bunch of files and 88 JS dependencies, the resulting Python package is actually slightly bigger!
And now I have conflicts in around 40 files. :)

Oops. Sorry about that :-(

But there are now 88 fewer dependencies to update, so you're 110% better off than you were :-D
 
--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [pgAdmin4][RM4018] Technical debt: Rewrite the Query Tool history and related tests to remove dependency on React

Khushboo Vashi


On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 4:34 PM Dave Page <[hidden email]> wrote:


On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 11:02 AM Khushboo Vashi <[hidden email]> wrote:


On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 4:23 PM Dave Page <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks - committed. Oddly, having removed a bunch of files and 88 JS dependencies, the resulting Python package is actually slightly bigger!
And now I have conflicts in around 40 files. :)

Oops. Sorry about that :-(

But there are now 88 fewer dependencies to update, so you're 110% better off than you were :-D
And that's the reason, I have asked Aditya, to send the patch as soon as it is ready, so I can work on top of that. :)
 
--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company