pgbadger question

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

pgbadger question

S. Bob
All;


Sorry if this is OT:


We have a client that logs all statements with :

log_statement = 'all'

However they also have left log_min_duration_statement disabled:

log_min_duration_statement = -1


When I attempt to parse a report with pgbadger like this:

pgbadger -o postgres-Mon.html ./postgres-Mon.log


It parses zero queries, even though the query data is there, just that
it was logged via log_statement = 'all' instead of via setting
log_min_duration_statement = x


Is there any way  to force pgbadger to pick up / reckognize the logges
queries?


Thanks in advance



--
`When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare at you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*".' (By Linus Torvalds)



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pgbadger question

Julien Rouhaud
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 9:17 PM S.Bob <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> We have a client that logs all statements with :
>
> log_statement = 'all'
>
> However they also have left log_min_duration_statement disabled:
>
> log_min_duration_statement = -1
>
>
> When I attempt to parse a report with pgbadger like this:
>
> pgbadger -o postgres-Mon.html ./postgres-Mon.log
>
>
> It parses zero queries, even though the query data is there, just that
> it was logged via log_statement = 'all' instead of via setting
> log_min_duration_statement = x
>
>
> Is there any way  to force pgbadger to pick up / reckognize the logges
> queries?

According to https://github.com/darold/pgbadger/, it's not possible:

"Do not enable log_statement as its log format will not be parsed by pgBadger.".


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pgbadger question

manish yadav
In reply to this post by S. Bob
Hi,

Please try with passing parameter log_line_prefix using --prefix

pgbadger --prefix <value in log_line_prefix> -o postgres-Mon.html ./postgres-Mon.log 

Note :  copy/paste exact value from PostgreSQL.conf file/show all and paste in the command above.


Thanks and Regards,

Manish Yadav

Mobile : +91 8527607945


On Thursday, 27 February 2020, 1:47:43 AM IST, S.Bob <[hidden email]> wrote:


All;


Sorry if this is OT:


We have a client that logs all statements with :

log_statement = 'all'

However they also have left log_min_duration_statement disabled:

log_min_duration_statement = -1


When I attempt to parse a report with pgbadger like this:

pgbadger -o postgres-Mon.html ./postgres-Mon.log


It parses zero queries, even though the query data is there, just that
it was logged via log_statement = 'all' instead of via setting
log_min_duration_statement = x


Is there any way  to force pgbadger to pick up / reckognize the logges
queries?


Thanks in advance



--
`When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare at you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*".' (By Linus Torvalds)



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pgbadger question

S. Bob

Already tried that, no luck


On 2/26/20 9:22 PM, manish yadav wrote:
Hi,

Please try with passing parameter log_line_prefix using --prefix

pgbadger --prefix <value in log_line_prefix> -o postgres-Mon.html ./postgres-Mon.log 

Note :  copy/paste exact value from PostgreSQL.conf file/show all and paste in the command above.


Thanks and Regards,

Manish Yadav

Mobile : +91 8527607945


On Thursday, 27 February 2020, 1:47:43 AM IST, S.Bob [hidden email] wrote:


All;


Sorry if this is OT:


We have a client that logs all statements with :

log_statement = 'all'

However they also have left log_min_duration_statement disabled:

log_min_duration_statement = -1


When I attempt to parse a report with pgbadger like this:

pgbadger -o postgres-Mon.html ./postgres-Mon.log


It parses zero queries, even though the query data is there, just that
it was logged via log_statement = 'all' instead of via setting
log_min_duration_statement = x


Is there any way  to force pgbadger to pick up / reckognize the logges
queries?


Thanks in advance



--
`When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare at you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*".' (By Linus Torvalds)



-- 
`When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare at you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*".' (By Linus Torvalds)