tables in public

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

tables in public

Zlatko Matic
Hello.
 
Postgres automatically included some tables in my public domain:
pg_ts_cfg, pg_ts_cfgmap,pg_ts_dict, pg_ts_parser, spatial_ref_sys.
I suppose it's because I switched on  all additional options during initdb...
 
My question regarding those tables is wheter I can delete them safely from public ?
 
Zlatko
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: tables in public

Magnus Hagander
> Hello.
>  
> Postgres automatically included some tables in my public domain:
> pg_ts_cfg, pg_ts_cfgmap,pg_ts_dict, pg_ts_parser,

I beleive these are from tsearch2.

> spatial_ref_sys.

And this is postgis.

> I suppose it's because I switched on  all additional options
> during initdb...

Yes (this is win32 MSI installer, right?)


> My question regarding those tables is wheter I can delete
> them safely from public ?

Yes, unless you plan to use any of the functionality of those modules.

//Magnus

---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will ignore your desire to
       choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not
       match
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: tables in public

Zlatko Matic
Could you, please, give me short description of  functionalities of those
modules?
I don't know whether I need it, because I don't know what is the purpose of
those tables...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Magnus Hagander" <[hidden email]>
To: "Zlatko Matić" <[hidden email]>;
<[hidden email]>
Sent: Saturday, August 06, 2005 9:28 PM
Subject: RE: [GENERAL] tables in public


> Hello.
>
> Postgres automatically included some tables in my public domain:
> pg_ts_cfg, pg_ts_cfgmap,pg_ts_dict, pg_ts_parser,

I beleive these are from tsearch2.

> spatial_ref_sys.

And this is postgis.

> I suppose it's because I switched on  all additional options
> during initdb...

Yes (this is win32 MSI installer, right?)


> My question regarding those tables is wheter I can delete
> them safely from public ?

Yes, unless you plan to use any of the functionality of those modules.

//Magnus


---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 3: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: tables in public

Magnus Hagander
In reply to this post by Zlatko Matic
> Could you, please, give me short description of  
> functionalities of those modules?

tsearch2 is full text indexing. postgis is geographical functionality.

//Magnus

---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 5: don't forget to increase your free space map settings
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: tables in public

Zlatko Matic
OK.thanks...I suppose I don't need it.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Magnus Hagander" <[hidden email]>
To: "Zlatko Matić" <[hidden email]>;
<[hidden email]>
Sent: Saturday, August 06, 2005 9:55 PM
Subject: RE: [GENERAL] tables in public


> Could you, please, give me short description of
> functionalities of those modules?

tsearch2 is full text indexing. postgis is geographical functionality.

//Magnus


---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend