upload large files in pgadmin

upload large files in pgadmin

Sebastian Wandernoth
Hey guys,

I would like to use pgadmin4 to restore a postgres database from a backup file that is about 300MB in size.

Both pgadmin and postgres are running in separate docker containers in the same pod on a kubernetes cluster.

If I try to upload the file (after of course adjusting the Maximum file upload size in the preferences) it gets stuck and does not do anything. I also tried it locally with the same result (So it is definitely not a network/firewall issue). A smaller file (7MB) works without problems

My suspicion is that pgadmin does not internally adjust the max file size even though it is showing the new number in the UI. Is it possible to adjust this value in the config file?

Am I doing something else wrong? Does anyone have experience with such a setup?

This is the version of pgadmin I am using:

Re: upload large files in pgadmin

fahar
Hi Sebastian!

RM is already reported:-

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 5:23 PM Sebastian Wandernoth <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey guys,

Am I doing something else wrong? Does anyone have experience with such a setup?

This is the version of pgadmin I am using:

EnterpriseDB Corporation
Phone Office: +92-51-835-8874
Phone Direct: +92-51-8466803
Mobile: +92-333-5409707
Skype ID: live:fahar.abbas
Website: www.enterprisedb.com

Aw: Re: upload large files in pgadmin

Sebastian Wandernoth
Hi Fahar,

Thanks for reraising the issue. I see that it has been there for 2 years already. How are the chances for this to be fixed in the near future?

Gesendet: Freitag, 19. Juli 2019 um 14:31 Uhr
Von: "Fahar Abbas" <[hidden email]>
An: "Sebastian Wandernoth" <[hidden email]>
Cc: "pgadmin-support lists.postgresql.org" <[hidden email]>
Betreff: Re: upload large files in pgadmin
Hi Sebastian!

RM is already reported:-

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 5:23 PM Sebastian Wandernoth <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey guys,

Am I doing something else wrong? Does anyone have experience with such a setup?

This is the version of pgadmin I am using:

EnterpriseDB Corporation
Phone Office: +92-51-835-8874
Phone Direct: +92-51-8466803
Mobile: +92-333-5409707
Skype ID: live:fahar.abbas
Website: www.enterprisedb.com

Re: Re: upload large files in pgadmin

fahar
Hi Sebastian!

We can not give any timeline for this and it's already in our list.

Kind Regards,

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 5:42 PM Sebastian Wandernoth <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Fahar,

Gesendet: Freitag, 19. Juli 2019 um 14:31 Uhr
Von: "Fahar Abbas" <[hidden email]>
An: "Sebastian Wandernoth" <[hidden email]>
Cc: "pgadmin-support lists.postgresql.org" <[hidden email]>
Betreff: Re: upload large files in pgadmin
Hi Sebastian!

RM is already reported:-

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 5:23 PM Sebastian Wandernoth <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey guys,

Am I doing something else wrong? Does anyone have experience with such a setup?

This is the version of pgadmin I am using:

Skype ID: live:fahar.abbas
Website: www.enterprisedb.com

Re: upload large files in pgadmin

sylviayzc
In reply to this post by Sebastian Wandernoth
Hello Sebastian,

I wonder have you solved the problem? I am facing pretty much the same issue
but the post on https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/2097 could not help me
at all.

I am using pgAdmin 4.21 to backup(actully my boss asked me to "copy", but I
can't download the snapshot :( ) and try to restore a database from AWS
RDS(postgres12) to the other ubuntu server(postgres13). Successful backup,
however, facing the upload limit 50mb when restoring. I saw there is some
adjustment could be made in phpPgAdmin configuration. But pgAdmin doesn't
work that way. I've also tried command line suggested in  stack
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1237725/copying-postgresql-database-to-another-server>
, even I adjusted the "Security Group" still no working.

So now I started it over again digging every possible solution.

Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-support-f2191615.html